Modal Shift Headlines
News / The mood in air cargo is upbeat, but watch for pressure on profitability
An upbeat air cargo industry is this week celebrating a return to growth and noted positive ...
News / Capacity crunch on box ships to Asia: Maersk first to stop taking bookings, as air freight awaits boost
Maersk Line today stopped booking export containers from Europe to Asia and the Middle East, according to market ...
News / Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
Rail freight faces being undermined by a UK government decision to cut more than 20% ...
News / Truckers bite into the rail operators' share of North American intermodal traffic
Intermodal traffic on North America’s railways lost out to cheaper trucking alternatives last year. More haulage ...
News / Intermodal traffic now the only route to growth for Europe's rail freight operators
European rail freight operators must target intermodal operations if they wish to grow in a ...
News / Providing better service can keep sea-air operators ahead of fast-developing rail options
Sea-air operators would be naïve or complacent to ignore the competition posed by cheaper modes ...
News / Containerisation – or rather the lack of it – hammers another nail in air cargo's coffin
Containerisation – or rather the lack of it – continues to plague the air freight industry, delegates ...
News / Plunging sea freight rates bad news for air cargo as price gap hits new record
The continuing frailty of maritime container spot freight rates could spur a new era of ...
Recommends / Ocean freight is making waves, but all is not lost for air in perishables
Our sister title, The Coolstar, is writing today on trends in perishable logistics. Last week ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. stephen webster on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Alex Lennane on Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 4. Malcolm on Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 5. T Carter on Carriers slammed as capacity crunch makes waves for project cargo shippers