News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
News / Container shipping pricing set for major change, consigning the suspect GRI to a watery grave
RIP the GRI. For at least three years, the major shipping lines may no longer attempt ...
News / MOL to restructure container shipping and dry bulk businesses as it warns of $1.45bn loss
Japan’s MOL said today that it is forecasting a massive $1.45bn loss for its fiscal ...
News / NYK quits as Asia-West Africa trade goes 'from bad to worse' with rates and volumes falling
NYK is to exit the Asia-West Africa trade, and could be the first of many ...
News / NOL sails back into the red, blaming weak container market for APL revenue plunge
Neptune Orient Lines (NOL) today blamed weak global demand and a “huge contraction in freight ...
News / MOL trumps Maersk for reliability: but does arriving on time matter any more?
Maersk Line has been replaced at the top of the rankings of the most reliable ...
News / Japanese shipping trio NYK, K Line and MOL see improved results in first quarter
Japan’s NYK, MOL and K Line all improved profitability in the first quarter of their ...
News / Future of container shipping division in jeopardy as MOL sails close to the wind
Japan’s Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) is walking a tightrope. With an enterprise value that trebles ...
- 1.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 2.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 3.Alliance revamp 'a disaster', bringing chaos to Asia-Europe tradelanes
- 4.Containerships being diverted to avoid congestion at port of Shanghai
- 5.1,700 more redundancies as Japan Post pays the price for costly Toll takeover
- 1. Andy Lane on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 2. email@example.com on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Gavin Murray joins The Loadstar to help develop business
- 4. email@example.com on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 5. Tim on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts