Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / NYK, MOL and K Line to merge container shipping businesses to form world's sixth largest carrier
Japan’s big three shipping groups – K Line, MOL and NYK – have agreed to ...
News / Seaspan sells youngest ever container vessel for scrap as idle fleet nears 1m teu mark
The idled fleet of containerships is set to grow rapidly in the coming weeks as ...
News / 'Sluggish' container trades drag Japanese shipping lines into the red
First-quarter results from Japanese carriers K Line, MOL and NYK were dragged down by a ...
News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 2. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 3. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 4. VarAway on Why airlines may have to cut back on cargo due to global warming
- 5. christine Glenn on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers