New ship alliances shape up Headlines
Recommends / HMM expected to part ways with 2M Alliance
Speculative article from Business Korea on what the country’s largest container carrier, Hyundai Merchant Marine ...
News / Container shipping alliances now planning to set course for Latin America trades
The major deepsea alliances could begin to extend their joint service network to secondary north-south ...
News / Bigger is not better in box shipping, say shippers who want better service
Consolidation in container shipping is eroding shippers’ trust in the sector. There are calls for carriers ...
News / PSA grows its business 'despite industry chaos and economic disruption'
Singapore-based port operator PSA International said it managed to grow its container terminal business last ...
News / Box lines will reap consolidation benefits, but 'shippers need not be alarmed'
Despite the radical changes in the container shipping landscape, that will see almost 80% of ...
News / Shortsea operators suffer as new ocean alliances put feeders out of work
Hub-and-spoke feeder calls have fallen “drastically” following this year’s deepsea container carrier alliance reshuffle. According to X-Press Feeders’ ...
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Westports the first shipping hub to suffer a downside from alliance reshuffle
Malaysia’s Westports facilities at Port Klang has lost out to nearby competitors in the ocean ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 4.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe