New ship alliances shape up Headlines
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Westports the first shipping hub to suffer a downside from alliance reshuffle
Malaysia’s Westports facilities at Port Klang has lost out to nearby competitors in the ocean ...
News / Maersk turns Hamburg Süd blue at the top, but business model will sail on
Maersk Line is wasting no time in putting its blue stamp on the executive board ...
News / Shock for Japanese shipping lines as merger plan is rejected by US FMC
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has rejected the merger of the container businesses of ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
News / Lines seem 'indifferent' to shipper problems as new alliances settle in
Shipping lines in the new alliance structure seem “indifferent to certain problems of backhaul shippers”, according ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Recommends / Time for terminal transformation?
The paradigms of the port industry are undergoing fundamental transformation – facilities built decades ago ...
- 1.Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2.'Not quick enough' – DHL Global Forwarding must change, says CEO
- 3.Analysis: with OOCL buy, Cosco is growing, but it's also burning more cash
- 4.A new future for logistics as e-commerce brings the era of the FCL to an end
- 5.Analysis: a more positive quarter for a leaner-looking CEVA Logistics
- 1. Charles on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2. email@example.com on Waiting for that light bulb moment – innovation in air cargo
- 3. Michael Perez on US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
- 4. mel perry on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 5. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Bigger ships, smaller shipments... a circle that needs to be squared