New ship alliances shape up Headlines
News / Box lines will reap consolidation benefits, but 'shippers need not be alarmed'
Despite the radical changes in the container shipping landscape, that will see almost 80% of ...
News / Shortsea operators suffer as new ocean alliances put feeders out of work
Hub-and-spoke feeder calls have fallen “drastically” following this year’s deepsea container carrier alliance reshuffle. According to X-Press Feeders’ ...
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Westports the first shipping hub to suffer a downside from alliance reshuffle
Malaysia’s Westports facilities at Port Klang has lost out to nearby competitors in the ocean ...
News / Maersk turns Hamburg Süd blue at the top, but business model will sail on
Maersk Line is wasting no time in putting its blue stamp on the executive board ...
News / Shock for Japanese shipping lines as merger plan is rejected by US FMC
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has rejected the merger of the container businesses of ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
News / Lines seem 'indifferent' to shipper problems as new alliances settle in
Shipping lines in the new alliance structure seem “indifferent to certain problems of backhaul shippers”, according ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.MSC tries 'last-resort' emergency surcharge to offset rising cost of fuel
- 3.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 4.Will shippers abandon undamaged Maersk Honam boxes after more delay?
- 5.Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 1. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 2. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 3. Peter healey on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 4. GRACE M. on Maersk Honam finally arrives at port of refuge, but cannot berth
- 5. Dan Meir on Raising the bar on safety: are you ready for the new container regulations?