New ship alliances shape up Headlines
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Westports the first shipping hub to suffer a downside from alliance reshuffle
Malaysia’s Westports facilities at Port Klang has lost out to nearby competitors in the ocean ...
News / Maersk turns Hamburg Süd blue at the top, but business model will sail on
Maersk Line is wasting no time in putting its blue stamp on the executive board ...
News / Shock for Japanese shipping lines as merger plan is rejected by US FMC
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has rejected the merger of the container businesses of ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
News / Lines seem 'indifferent' to shipper problems as new alliances settle in
Shipping lines in the new alliance structure seem “indifferent to certain problems of backhaul shippers”, according ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Recommends / Time for terminal transformation?
The paradigms of the port industry are undergoing fundamental transformation – facilities built decades ago ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.K+N unveils 'transformation' plan for its 'customers, technology and people'
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 5.Latest ULCV orders the start of a slippery slope to new overcapacity glut?
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: to IPO or not to IPO, that is the question for CMA CGM
- 2. Simão júnior Macuacua on DHL gears up for logistics boost from Thailand's Eastern Economic Corridor
- 3. Sua Wayne Schwalger on Matson announces new west coast-South Pacific service
- 4. Dave on Latest ULCV orders the start of a slippery slope to new overcapacity glut?
- 5. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading