New ship alliances shape up Headlines
News / Maersk turns Hamburg Süd blue at the top, but business model will sail on
Maersk Line is wasting no time in putting its blue stamp on the executive board ...
News / Shock for Japanese shipping lines as merger plan is rejected by US FMC
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has rejected the merger of the container businesses of ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
News / Lines seem 'indifferent' to shipper problems as new alliances settle in
Shipping lines in the new alliance structure seem “indifferent to certain problems of backhaul shippers”, according ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Recommends / Time for terminal transformation?
The paradigms of the port industry are undergoing fundamental transformation – facilities built decades ago ...
News / Shippers draw up April Fools' Day contingency plans as new alliances launch
As the new alliance structure prepares to get underway tomorrow, with the Ocean and THE ...
News / Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
The new alliance networks will offer faster transit times between Asia and North Europe’s major ...
News / Asia-Europe shipping rates on the up, but it's too early to talk of a recovery
Long-term contract rates agreed over the past three months between major ports in China and North Europe ...
- 1.Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.More container shipping M&A activity expected as smaller carriers try to keep up
- 4.South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
- 5.Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Markings on a container – what do they mean?
- 2. Andres Pelaez on Container no-show and cancellation fees 'a potential nightmare' for intermediaries
- 3. email@example.com on Collision 'was USS Fitzgerald's fault': and this is why
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
- 5. Hugh Sutherland on New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy