Norfolk Southern Headlines
People / Keith Creel takes top job at CP, is Hunter Harrison set to take over at CSX?
Hunter Harrison has retired as Canadian Pacific’s (CP) chief executive. He has handed back $90m ...
News / Truckers bite into the rail operators' share of North American intermodal traffic
Intermodal traffic on North America’s railways lost out to cheaper trucking alternatives last year. More haulage ...
News / Hanjin suppliers and customers on a collision course over money and cargo
Hanjin suppliers and customers in the US are on a collision course as creditors continue ...
Recommends / Canadian Pacific abandons $28bn bid for Norfolk Southern
So that’s the end of that one – what an almighty waste of time. Ahead ...
Recommends / Fresh blow to CP Rail merger hopes as US transport chief opposes union with NS
Bill Shuster, a Pennsylvania Republican representative in the US Congress and chairman of the US ...
Recommends / UPS thumbs-down could push CP-NS merger deal onto the buffers
The giant US express operator has been one of the North American intermodal industry’s largest ...
Comment / Analysis: will Norfolk Southern shareholders find CP's latest merger offer 'compelling' enough?
Is it fair to say that Norfolk Southern (NS) shareholders are in the midst of ...
Recommends / Buffett's BNSF may outbid CP's offer for Norfolk Southern
The plot thickens: after last week’s to and fro between Canadian Pacific’s recurring bids for ...
News / Norfolk Southern railroad chief rejects second merger bid from Canadian Pacific
US railroad operator Norfolk Southern (NS) has rejected a second merger proposal from Canadian Pacific ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
- 4.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam