News / Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
After Japanese carriers NYK, MOL and K Line last week formally established their new joint-venture ...
News / Japanese carrier trio miss first target for ONE merger, but it's all 'going to plan'
K Line, MOL and NYK have insisted that the integration of their container businesses is ...
News / South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
The South African Competition Commission has rejected the merger of the container divisions of NYK, MOL ...
News / Japanese liner shipping trio becomes ONE, ready for launch next spring
The container businesses of K Line, MOL and NYK will operate under the tradename Ocean ...
News / Shock for Japanese shipping lines as merger plan is rejected by US FMC
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has rejected the merger of the container businesses of ...
People / Svein Steimler heads the changes at NYK Europe
Following the decision of NYK Group to recall Europe chief executive and president Takuji Nakai ...
News / NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
The Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) has become the first jurisdiction to approve the container ...
Recommends / Major Japanese container shipping lines in freefall
Japan’s big-three shipping lines recorded dire performances for the nine months to January, with Nippon ...
News / Japanese lines eye a new shipping horizon and a battle to regain profitability
Significantly greater cost competitiveness is the only way to “defeat” ocean carrier rivals, K Line ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive