Ocean Alliance Headlines
News / More carriers to cut back on Asia-Europe container capacity after summer peak
More deepsea carriers have announced plans to cut capacity on the Asia-Europe trade in preparation for a ...
News / Container rates stable, but carriers still cutting capacity despite peak season
Container shipping spot freight rates on the main deepsea east-west trades largely remained stable over ...
News / Transpacific capacity still outpacing demand, putting more pressure on rates
Despite the move last week by the 2M alliance to withdraw one of its transpacific loops, ocean ...
News / Cascading of bigger box ships brings headaches for vessel planners
Some 30 ships with an average capacity of 11,700 teu will be replaced by larger newbuild ...
News / Wave of new ULCV capacity will put more pressure on Asia-Europe trades
Firm delivery dates for next month have been agreed for around 225,000 teu of additional container ...
News / COSCO back in the black, with a little help from its state friends
COSCO Shipping posted a net profit of $264m in 2017, reversing a loss of $1.1bn ...
News / Capacity increases may put transpacific container rates under more pressure
As shippers and carriers on the transpacific prepare for the annual contract negotiating season – ...
News / Westports eyes THE Alliance services to compensate 2017 throughput drop
Port Klang terminal operator Westports suffered a 9% drop in container throughput last year. In an ...
News / Ocean Alliance faces major network shake-up as new ULCVs arrive to 'rock the boat'
The Ocean Alliance is facing a profound network shake-up as its members prepare to welcome ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV