On the road again Headlines
News / New arguments for and against use of longer semi-trailers on UK roads
A fresh row has broken out about the use of longer semi-trailers (LSTs) on UK ...
News / Lower rates and higher costs in Q2 drive profit decline for JB Hunt
US logistics and overland operator JB Hunt reported its second-quarter results yesterday, revealing that increases in ...
Recommends / Is Hong Kong’s giant bridge a road to nowhere or the path to new opportunities?
Here’s a great read from the South China Morning Post on what will be, depending ...
Recommends / Traffic congestion costs US trucking $63bn a year
US trucking loses $63bn annually because of congestion on the country’s highways, according to this ...
News / Whitehall unveils route for new Thames crossing to link with M2
The UK government has announced the route for the new Thames crossing to supplement links ...
News / A weight off hauliers' minds: shippers must declare loads are road-legal
Next month a new law within the EU will force shippers to declare the weight of ...
News / Co-operation across the EU using 'intelligent transport' can cut CO2, says IRU
Reducing CO2 emissions from road transport and logistics requires “a more rounded approach”, focusing not ...
News / 'Whitehall must invest in better facilities to attract desperately needed truck drivers'
The UK government must boost investment and improve facilities for truck drivers if it wishes ...
News / Turners boosts its presence in UK container haulage with Goldstar takeover
Further consolidation in the UK container haulage sector this week as Turners Group announced its ...
- 1.Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2.'Not quick enough' – DHL Global Forwarding must change, says CEO
- 3.A new future for logistics as e-commerce brings the era of the FCL to an end
- 4.Analysis: with OOCL buy, Cosco is growing, but it's also burning more cash
- 5.Analysis: a more positive quarter for a leaner-looking CEVA Logistics
- 1. Charles on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Waiting for that light bulb moment – innovation in air cargo
- 3. Michael Perez on US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
- 4. mel perry on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 5. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Bigger ships, smaller shipments... a circle that needs to be squared