News / China-Europe rail boom as forwarders latch on to cost advantage for customers
China-Europe rail services are set to triple within three years as demand grows and shippers ...
News / Forwarders hit out at carriers revisiting fuel surcharges – 'a ploy to raise rates'
Forwarders are registering their dismay that some airlines are returning to fuel surcharges. They say the move is ...
News / Amazon: 'find the best people for logistics outside logistics'
Logistics operators should recruit from outside if they want to keep pace with the rapidly ...
Comment / Analysis: Swiss forwarders K+N and Panalpina have ambitious targets
Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina have drawn my attention again, following the release of their quarterly ...
News / Forwarders hit the acquisition trail, with a daily double for Panalpina
M&A activity in the freight forwarding sector is frantic today: Panalpina announced two acquisitions; UPS ...
News / Pressure on margins sees Panalpina profits take a hit in Q1
Margin pressures battered Panalpina’s first-quarter results: revenue and profit dropped, year-on-year, despite volume growth outpacing ...
Recommends / Panalpina quits its Gabon operations as oil and gas sector declines
Panalpina is to halt its operations in Gabon, following the downturn in the oil and ...
People / Ex-Cargolux CEO Dirk Reich invited to join Panalpina board
Panalpina has proposed the appointment to its board of former Cargolux chief executive and founder of ...
Comment / Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
The annual results of two of the most prominent air and ocean freight global forwarders, Kuehne ...
- 1.Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.More container shipping M&A activity expected as smaller carriers try to keep up
- 4.South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
- 5.Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Markings on a container – what do they mean?
- 2. Andres Pelaez on Container no-show and cancellation fees 'a potential nightmare' for intermediaries
- 3. email@example.com on Collision 'was USS Fitzgerald's fault': and this is why
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
- 5. Hugh Sutherland on New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy