Panama Canal Headlines
Recommends / US ports rent rises the effect of Panama Canal expansion
Larger ships are sending up real estate prices around US ports, according to new analysis. The ...
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / US shale gas boom a bonus for carriers as Panama Canal reduces some tolls
Container lines using the Panama Canal are set to benefit from an unexpected boom in shale ...
Recommends / Panama Canal requests industry feedback on its proposed toll changes
The Panama Canal is asking for industry feedback on plans to adjust its toll structure. ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / Panama Canal to reduce booking slots due to transit delays
Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has suffered its second hiccup in as many weeks following an otherwise successful ...
Recommends / Egypt seeks new Suez Canal toll deal with global shipping lines
Not sure if this is that much of a surprise – as The Loadstar reported ...
News / Overcapacity may hit Caribbean transhipment ports following Panama Canal expansion
The Panama Canal expansion has raised fears that the container terminal industry in Latin America and ...
News / Extra ships slow to book via Panama Canal as Suez tries to lure back traffic with rebates
Less than half a year since the opening of the expanded Panama Canal, large amounts ...
Recommends / A rising tide?
Possibly the definitive article on US east coast ports and the impact of the Panama ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Frank Wang on Cargo handling industry looks for real-time visibility and connectivity to improve efficiency and productivity
- 3. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 4. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges