Panama Canal Headlines
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / US shale gas boom a bonus for carriers as Panama Canal reduces some tolls
Container lines using the Panama Canal are set to benefit from an unexpected boom in shale ...
Recommends / Panama Canal requests industry feedback on its proposed toll changes
The Panama Canal is asking for industry feedback on plans to adjust its toll structure. ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / Panama Canal to reduce booking slots due to transit delays
Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has suffered its second hiccup in as many weeks following an otherwise successful ...
Recommends / Egypt seeks new Suez Canal toll deal with global shipping lines
Not sure if this is that much of a surprise – as The Loadstar reported ...
News / Overcapacity may hit Caribbean transhipment ports following Panama Canal expansion
The Panama Canal expansion has raised fears that the container terminal industry in Latin America and ...
News / Extra ships slow to book via Panama Canal as Suez tries to lure back traffic with rebates
Less than half a year since the opening of the expanded Panama Canal, large amounts ...
Recommends / A rising tide?
Possibly the definitive article on US east coast ports and the impact of the Panama ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive