Playing the asset game Headlines
Comment / Analysis: Yang Ming and Seaspan both suffering, but is it stress or distress?
For the investment community at least, Taiwan’s Yang Ming has been sailing under the radar for ...
News / Danaos predicts choppy waters for containership charter market next year
Greek containership owner Danaos has painted a gloomy picture for the box ship charter market ...
News / Seaspan 'operationally strong', but has still not recovered financially from Hanjin collapse
Seaspan has reported declining revenues for a third successive quarter and EBITDA earnings for the year to date ...
News / Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller containerships, with limited exposure to the volatile deepsea east-west trades, are enjoying increases in ...
News / Becalmed panamax owners need a big hike in charter rates to survive
The survival of panamax containerships is threatened by the impact of low charter rates and industry cascading. According to an ...
News / Spectre of overcapacity returns to haunt liner shipping as newbuilds queue up
The spectre of overcapacity is clouding recent analyst optimism that ocean carriers could be heading for ...
News / NOOs seeing more of their containerships idle thanks to overcapacity
Non-operating owners (NOOs) are bearing the brunt of the overcapacity in liner shipping, now controlling nine ...
News / Reverse cascading by carriers could benefit owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller container vessels, below 8,000 teu, could begin to benefit from a reversal ...
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
- 1.Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2.'Not quick enough' – DHL Global Forwarding must change, says CEO
- 3.Analysis: with OOCL buy, Cosco is growing, but it's also burning more cash
- 4.A new future for logistics as e-commerce brings the era of the FCL to an end
- 5.Analysis: a more positive quarter for a leaner-looking CEVA Logistics
- 1. Charles on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Waiting for that light bulb moment – innovation in air cargo
- 3. Michael Perez on US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
- 4. mel perry on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 5. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Bigger ships, smaller shipments... a circle that needs to be squared