Playing the asset game Headlines
News / Reverse cascading by carriers could benefit owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller container vessels, below 8,000 teu, could begin to benefit from a reversal ...
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
News / Carriers may be getting containership capacity crisis under control at last
Container shipping lines may be finally getting the vessel overcapacity crisis under control. It was revealed today ...
Comment / Analysis: Asia's box manufacturers need to keep a lid on rising costs
Signs of strain in the supply chain are everywhere – the Yang Ming saga continues ...
News / Investors spot a gap and move in on secondhand feeder vessel market
A lack of orders for smaller containerships over the past few years, with operators focused on ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / Impairment charges keep GSL floating in red ink for 2016
Containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) posted a net loss of $68.2m for 2016, following ...
News / Box lessor Textainer sinks into the red, but insists it can 'turn the corner'
Textainer, the world’s largest container leasing company, posted a $56m net loss in 2016, following a ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
- 4.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam