Playing the asset game Headlines
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / Impairment charges keep GSL floating in red ink for 2016
Containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) posted a net loss of $68.2m for 2016, following ...
News / Box lessor Textainer sinks into the red, but insists it can 'turn the corner'
Textainer, the world’s largest container leasing company, posted a $56m net loss in 2016, following a ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
News / Happy new year for box shipping investors using the 'capital cycle analysis' approach
This year could turn out to be the one when container shipping investors finally reap the rewards ...
News / Containership owners may be next to be buffeted by ripples from the Hanjin collapse
The next industry casualty of the Hanjin collapse may not be a carrier, but a ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Shipping charter market set to sink lower with more ULCVs due to be delivered
Larger containerships are increasingly being consigned to hot or cold lay-up in harbours around the ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Arthur Brown on Unsustainable air freight rate hikes are not healthy, say shippers
- 2. Jaye Tucker on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 4. Brigstocke Lexden on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 5. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs