Playing the asset game Headlines
News / CMA CGM completes 90% sale of US west coast Global Gateway South terminal
CMA CGM has completed the sale of 90% of the APL terminal Global Gateway South, located ...
News / 'Brisk' charter market activity, but don't get too excited, says Alphaliner
Alphaliner has slashed its year-end idle container tonnage projection down to 600,000 teu from 800,000-1m ...
News / Overcapacity making waves in the containership charter market
Owners of mid-sized containerships, 7,500-11,000 teu, are suffering from the traditional slack season lull in charter ...
Comment / Analysis: Yang Ming and Seaspan both suffering, but is it stress or distress?
For the investment community at least, Taiwan’s Yang Ming has been sailing under the radar for ...
News / Danaos predicts choppy waters for containership charter market next year
Greek containership owner Danaos has painted a gloomy picture for the box ship charter market ...
News / Seaspan 'operationally strong', but has still not recovered financially from Hanjin collapse
Seaspan has reported declining revenues for a third successive quarter and EBITDA earnings for the year to date ...
News / Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller containerships, with limited exposure to the volatile deepsea east-west trades, are enjoying increases in ...
News / Becalmed panamax owners need a big hike in charter rates to survive
The survival of panamax containerships is threatened by the impact of low charter rates and industry cascading. According to an ...
News / Spectre of overcapacity returns to haunt liner shipping as newbuilds queue up
The spectre of overcapacity is clouding recent analyst optimism that ocean carriers could be heading for ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV