Port positions Headlines
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / Dispute at Gothenburg pushes container traffic to capital's expanding port
The continuing stand-off between labour and management at Sweden’s main box gateway of Gothenburg is ...
News / PSA reaps reward of partnerships with container lines at Singapore port
Singapore terminal operator PSA saw the benefits of partnering with major shipping lines at its ...
News / Westports eyes THE Alliance services to compensate 2017 throughput drop
Port Klang terminal operator Westports suffered a 9% drop in container throughput last year. In an ...
News / Asian volumes still switching to Canadian ports from US hubs as fears grow over rates
Growth at US west coast ports has been overshadowed by increases for the Canadian hubs ...
News / Size isn't always important, especially when it comes to port connectivity
Shippers looking for more direct calls in the third choice of export ports may do ...
News / Shippers eye getting more choice on which ports their carrier calls at
While the biggest shippers of ocean container freight have limited say on where their carriers call, some ...
News / Some box terminals are facing 'catastrophic economic failure', warns analyst
Major container ports could be facing an investment crisis that will dwarf the problems seen ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
Recommends / Time for terminal transformation?
The paradigms of the port industry are undergoing fundamental transformation – facilities built decades ago ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 3. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 4. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
- 5. Craig Sanders on Shippers and forwarders fear repeat of last year's air freight capacity crisis