Power to procurement Headlines
Recommends / Insolvency legislation and the procurement dilemma
Thoughtful post from procurement expert Peter Smith on last week’s news that three City Link ...
Recommends / Procuring logistics services is not the same as buying paper clips
Quite – the title of this article could almost have been a quote from a ...
News / A new era for supply chains as faster IT systems push data into the driving seat
The natural tension between supply chain and procurement departments in major shippers – between logistics ...
News / Does a culture of 'cost-bashing' remain a barrier to innovation in the supply chain?
In the first of a two-part series, supply chain consultant Zen Yaworksy explains why 3PLs ...
Recommends / Procurement skills increasingly critical to supply chain
The pages of The Loadstar have often featured a “procurement vs logistics” battle, but is ...
News / Centralised procurement gaining more influence as shippers and 3PLs get closer
Despite widespread misgivings about the role of shippers’ procurement departments in the award of contracts ...
Recommends / Have logistics leaders lost “pricing” battle?
Logistics companies only have themselves to blame, according to a new study. Price pressure is ...
News / Procurement departments are harming the business, say logistics providers
There is a profound shift underway in the relationship between shippers and their logistics providers. The ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 3.MSC tries 'last-resort' emergency surcharge to offset rising cost of fuel
- 4.Will shippers abandon undamaged Maersk Honam boxes after more delay?
- 5.Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 1. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 2. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 3. Peter healey on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 4. GRACE M. on Maersk Honam finally arrives at port of refuge, but cannot berth
- 5. Dan Meir on Raising the bar on safety: are you ready for the new container regulations?