Power to procurement Headlines
Recommends / Insolvency legislation and the procurement dilemma
Thoughtful post from procurement expert Peter Smith on last week’s news that three City Link ...
Recommends / Procuring logistics services is not the same as buying paper clips
Quite – the title of this article could almost have been a quote from a ...
News / A new era for supply chains as faster IT systems push data into the driving seat
The natural tension between supply chain and procurement departments in major shippers – between logistics ...
News / Does a culture of 'cost-bashing' remain a barrier to innovation in the supply chain?
In the first of a two-part series, supply chain consultant Zen Yaworksy explains why 3PLs ...
Recommends / Procurement skills increasingly critical to supply chain
The pages of The Loadstar have often featured a “procurement vs logistics” battle, but is ...
News / Centralised procurement gaining more influence as shippers and 3PLs get closer
Despite widespread misgivings about the role of shippers’ procurement departments in the award of contracts ...
Recommends / Have logistics leaders lost “pricing” battle?
Logistics companies only have themselves to blame, according to a new study. Price pressure is ...
News / Procurement departments are harming the business, say logistics providers
There is a profound shift underway in the relationship between shippers and their logistics providers. The ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV