Power to procurement Headlines
Comment / Supply chain radar: Possible scenarios after DSV's Sfr4bn takeover of Panalpina
One sometimes has to abandon trying to add value to a particular debate because even if ...
Recommends / Insolvency legislation and the procurement dilemma
Thoughtful post from procurement expert Peter Smith on last week’s news that three City Link ...
Recommends / Procuring logistics services is not the same as buying paper clips
Quite – the title of this article could almost have been a quote from a ...
News / A new era for supply chains as faster IT systems push data into the driving seat
The natural tension between supply chain and procurement departments in major shippers – between logistics ...
News / Does a culture of 'cost-bashing' remain a barrier to innovation in the supply chain?
In the first of a two-part series, supply chain consultant Zen Yaworksy explains why 3PLs ...
Recommends / Procurement skills increasingly critical to supply chain
The pages of The Loadstar have often featured a “procurement vs logistics” battle, but is ...
News / Centralised procurement gaining more influence as shippers and 3PLs get closer
Despite widespread misgivings about the role of shippers’ procurement departments in the award of contracts ...
Recommends / Have logistics leaders lost “pricing” battle?
Logistics companies only have themselves to blame, according to a new study. Price pressure is ...
News / Procurement departments are harming the business, say logistics providers
There is a profound shift underway in the relationship between shippers and their logistics providers. The ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.UPDATE: Supply chain radar: DSV denies beginning deal talks with Kuehne + Nagel
- 4.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe