Power to procurement Headlines
Recommends / Insolvency legislation and the procurement dilemma
Thoughtful post from procurement expert Peter Smith on last week’s news that three City Link ...
Recommends / Procuring logistics services is not the same as buying paper clips
Quite – the title of this article could almost have been a quote from a ...
News / A new era for supply chains as faster IT systems push data into the driving seat
The natural tension between supply chain and procurement departments in major shippers – between logistics ...
News / Does a culture of 'cost-bashing' remain a barrier to innovation in the supply chain?
In the first of a two-part series, supply chain consultant Zen Yaworksy explains why 3PLs ...
Recommends / Procurement skills increasingly critical to supply chain
The pages of The Loadstar have often featured a “procurement vs logistics” battle, but is ...
News / Centralised procurement gaining more influence as shippers and 3PLs get closer
Despite widespread misgivings about the role of shippers’ procurement departments in the award of contracts ...
Recommends / Have logistics leaders lost “pricing” battle?
Logistics companies only have themselves to blame, according to a new study. Price pressure is ...
News / Procurement departments are harming the business, say logistics providers
There is a profound shift underway in the relationship between shippers and their logistics providers. The ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 4.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Robert Keen on Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 2. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 3. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 4. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 5. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading