Pump up the volumes Headlines
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / CMA CGM seizes title of most profitable container line with 2017 performance
CMA CGM recorded a net profit for 2017 of $701m to easily outperform its peers ...
News / Liftings and revenue shoot up as OOCL prepares for its new owners
OOCL’s parent company, Orient Overseas (International) Ltd (OOIL), returned to the black last year, posting ...
News / Container shipping demand may dip this year, but market balance still improving
Container shipping demand growth is expected to be lower this year than last. But, in its latest ...
News / Ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp brace for financial impact of a hard Brexit
The ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp are bracing for the worst effects of Brexit: the huge cost ...
News / Secondary trades could be more profitable for container lines this year
Ocean carriers should look to the secondary trades for the best growth prospects this year, ...
News / Asia-North Europe container shipping demand weaker than expected in Q4 17
Growth on the head-haul Asia-North Europe trade in the fourth quarter last year was weaker ...
News / Fall in intra-Asia volumes a drag on OOCL figures, but deepsea trade grows
Renewed demand on the Asia-Europe and transpacific trades was in further evidence today after Hong ...
News / Contship Italia volumes decline in 2017, but rail freight traffic is on the up
Leading Italian container terminal and intermodal operator Contship Italia today reported a 1.3% decline in ...
- 1.Analysis: Damco a prime takeover target if Hapag-Lloyd looks for a forwarder
- 2.CMA CGM's swoop to take nearly 25% of CEVA is 'a banker's dream'
- 3.Russia's refusal to attend aviation talks could lead to ban on US carriers in its airspace
- 4.Uli Ogiermann will help Volga-Dnepr launch new German freighter airline
- 5.Volga-Dnepr to pull out of NATO airlift contract for AN-124 capacity
- 1. Sumeet on Analysis: Damco a prime takeover target if Hapag-Lloyd looks for a forwarder
- 2. ssb star on Photo blog: BIFA freight services awards and lunch
- 3. Amanda Noble on Toys R Us can keep supply chain moving despite bankruptcy ahead of peak season
- 4. Joshua Smith on Flexport has ambitions to become a top-10 forwarder
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Damco a prime takeover target if Hapag-Lloyd looks for a forwarder