Pump up the volumes Headlines
News / OOCL increases market share, but rising costs mean Q2 results could be in red
Orient Overseas International (OOIL) has reported increased liftings but lower average revenue per container in ...
News / OOCL enjoys a busier and more profitable first quarter than its new owner
Ahead of its acquisition by COSCO, ocean carrier OOCL’s carryings jumped 7.5% year on year, to ...
News / Dachser reports record revenues, with global forwarding the star performer
Strong sea and air freight rates last year helped German road freight and logistics operator ...
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / CMA CGM seizes title of most profitable container line with 2017 performance
CMA CGM recorded a net profit for 2017 of $701m to easily outperform its peers ...
News / Liftings and revenue shoot up as OOCL prepares for its new owners
OOCL’s parent company, Orient Overseas (International) Ltd (OOIL), returned to the black last year, posting ...
News / Container shipping demand may dip this year, but market balance still improving
Container shipping demand growth is expected to be lower this year than last. But, in its latest ...
News / Ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp brace for financial impact of a hard Brexit
The ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp are bracing for the worst effects of Brexit: the huge cost ...
News / Secondary trades could be more profitable for container lines this year
Ocean carriers should look to the secondary trades for the best growth prospects this year, ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 3.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Mike Wackett on Maersk warns customers they must help pay its bigger fuel bills after 2020
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 4. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA