Rates: the eternal tango Headlines
News / Shipping disruption and high air freight rates give sea-air operators a boost
The sea-air sector is enjoying a healthy resurgence, as high air freight rates, disruptions in ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Soft Asia-Europe spot rates will harden as peak season approaches
There was evidence this week of continued softer Asia-North Europe freight rates just ahead of ...
News / Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
Panalpina has struggled to get its customers to adjust to the “new normal” of higher ...
News / Higher rates and volumes shown on carriers's improved balance sheets as SCFI slightly dips
More evidence emerged today that higher volumes and improved contract rates in the second quarter ...
News / Outlook for deepsea carriers more 'optimistic', but transpacific remains volatile
The first tangible evidence that the container liner industry is on course for a profitable year comes ...
Comment / New air freight index shows forwarders not so bullish on September volumes
The latest logistics indicator, the APAC Forwarding Index, has thrown up some interesting predictions, which ...
News / Container shipping spot rates jump as peak season draws near
After several weeks of inertia, the Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) saw something of a ...
News / North-south freight rates on the up, but carriers not having it all their own way
Ocean carriers have succeeded in substantially hiking container freight rates on key north-south trades during ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
- 4.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam