Rates: the eternal tango Headlines
News / Weaker demand will drive spot rates down post-CNY – but by how much?
The Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) did not publish today, due to the Chinese New ...
News / Transpacific spot rates soften early as carriers prepare for post-CNY slump
The last Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) before the Chinese New Year holiday has recorded ...
News / Tough times for Europe's hauliers – freight rates soften as diesel prices rise
Road transport freight rates in continental Europe declined in the fourth quarter last year, as ...
News / Economic double-whammy and softening demand add to pressure on box carriers
A slowdown in European economies and fallout from US-China trade war has upped the risk ...
News / Smarter air freight operators showing more resilience as the market weakens
The market appears to be weakening in advance of Chinese new year, despite a last-minute scramble for ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady as carriers adjust capacity for CNY holiday
After a strong finish to 2018, container spot rates on the major east-west routes, as ...
News / Shippers hit in the wallet by rising cost of inland UK container transport
UK shippers have entered 2019 facing significantly higher inland container transport pricing, as shipping lines ...
News / Strong demand keeping spot rates firm as new bunker adjustment fees come aboard
Asia-Europe ocean carriers from have announced further hikes in their FAK rates this month after ...
News / A festive rate respite, but carriers may be in for 'a bumpy ride' in 2019
The penultimate reading from the Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) for 2018 saw continued erosion ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 2. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 3. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'
- 5. Ramsgate Resudent on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'