Rates: the eternal tango Headlines
News / Container spot rates in retreat as 'gung-ho' carriers jockey for market share
The Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) lost a cumulative 2.8% this week as container spot ...
News / Container spot rates react calmly to controversial bunker surcharges
Container spot rates from Asia to Europe this week showed only a modest reaction to the emergency ...
News / Air freight market holding a steady course, but fuel hikes start to bite
While some of last year’s heat seems to have evaporated from the air freight market, it ...
News / Container shipping freight rates begin recovery on Asia-Europe ahead of June increases
Carriers on the key Asia-Europe trades saw container shipping spot freight rates lift this week ...
News / Storm clouds darken on Asia-Europe box trade as carriers struggle with rates
The storm clouds on the major east-west container trades continued to darken this week as ...
News / Maersk leads the way as carriers look to raise Asia-Europe FAK rates
Maersk Line has announced an increase in its FAK rates from Asia to North Europe ...
News / Deepsea container freight rates hold on to last week's gains as vessel utilisation rises
Today’s Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) comprehensive index was up 2.1% this week reflecting a ...
News / Digitisation of supply chains will happen in three years, boosting efficiency 30%
The digitisation of container supply chains is likely to happen far faster than many freight ...
Recommends / Freight costs weighing on earnings at consumer goods makers
US shippers are complaining about transport costs, which they claim have risen 20% from a ...
News / Container shipping market looking more buoyant, despite overcapacity
Despite overcapacity fears from a flood of newbuild ultra-large ships, as well as recent container ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Frank Wang on Cargo handling industry looks for real-time visibility and connectivity to improve efficiency and productivity
- 3. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 4. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges