News / Container spot rates in retreat as 'gung-ho' carriers jockey for market share
The Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) lost a cumulative 2.8% this week as container spot ...
News / Container spot rates react calmly to controversial bunker surcharges
Container spot rates from Asia to Europe this week showed only a modest reaction to the emergency ...
News / Container shipping freight rates begin recovery on Asia-Europe ahead of June increases
Carriers on the key Asia-Europe trades saw container shipping spot freight rates lift this week ...
News / Storm clouds darken on Asia-Europe box trade as carriers struggle with rates
The storm clouds on the major east-west container trades continued to darken this week as ...
News / Spot rates rebound and carriers now need self-discipline before peak season
Container spot rates this week reacted positively to carriers’ 1 May GRIs, gaining more than 30% ...
News / Baltic Exchange teams with Freightos to launch new freight index
The bellwether Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI), which has found prominence in the trend in ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady, but carrier hopes price rises will stick are fading
Container freight rates on the major headhaul trades from Asia stabilised this week, however, they remain ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers in new battle for market share, forcing rates down
As container spot rates on the Asia-North Europe trade continue to slide, CMA CGM has ...
News / Box lines forced to play a weak hand in transpacific contract talks
The timing for ocean carriers to negotiate annual transpacific contracts is “the worst possible”, according to ...
News / Spot rates tumble with excess capacity and threat of US-China trade war
Container spot rates continued to slide this week as capacity issues threatened the stability of ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 3. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 4. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
- 5. Craig Sanders on Shippers and forwarders fear repeat of last year's air freight capacity crisis