News / Maersk Line targets 3% growth as next-generation Triple-Es start to arrive
To coincide with the delivery of the first of a series of eleven 20,568 teu second-generation ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
The shame of shipowners as Germany tops list for worst scrapping practices
Somehow, you’d never think that Germany would top any list for bad environmental practices. And ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / With scrapping rates on the up, containership owners weigh anchors in lay-up
The containership demolition market has started this year as it ended the last – with an ...
Recommends / Maersk won't stand by and wait for global regulation
There has been a lot of discussion over the past fortnight on Maersk’s decision to ...
News / Hanjin charter defaults spark more vessel lay-ups and add to shipyard woes
South Korean shipyards are coming under severe financial pressure as orders dry up and containerships ...
Recommends / Maersk settles in at the world's ship graveyard
A black spot among the ocean-going community, Gujarat’s shipping graveyard in Alang, is often barred from ...
News / Outlook for panamax owners even darker as youngest ever boxship is scrapped
The 4,546 teu 2006-built Viktoria Wulff (ex MSC Firenze) has become the youngest containership to ...
- 1.Analysis: Kuehne + Nagel on a slow path to value destruction?
- 2.K+N gets back to profit growth, but to hit 2017 targets, it must do better in Q4
- 3.Gloomy picture painted for container shipping is lightening, says Alphaliner
- 4.More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
- 5.Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
- 1. Mark Taylor on UPS to build £120m 'world-class' parcel hub at London Gateway logistics park
- 2. Ameliia Tahiir on Air cargo boom at Budapest Airport as multinational shippers move in
- 3. taparish on Delivery by rocket could change the game for UPS and FedEx
- 4. Jaye on Quit Weining, you're a species bound for extinction
- 5. Jason h on West Africa becomes the new pirate hot spot as ships fight back in Somalia