Seafarers welfare Headlines
News / 'Change the rules now' call after seafarer dies while securing containers
There must be greater dialogue between ship owners and dockworkers to prevent a repeat of ...
Recommends / Christmas Day at sea: how do crews celebrate?
Hapag-Lloyd has published an interview with its personnel director, revealing how seafarers spend their Christmas ...
People / Founder David Hammond retires as CEO of Human Rights At Sea
The trustees of maritime charity Human Rights at Sea have announced that founder David Hammond ...
People / Shipping looks to government for help to meet seafarer shortage
As the world faces up to a dearth of seafarers, the UK government has pledged ...
Recommends / Live Animal Export: The seafarer who died in my arms
As well as its highly recommended coverage of the Hanjin bankruptcy, this gem from Splash247 has ...
Recommends / Cargo owners must take responsibility for ship operators which break labour laws
Cargo owners must take some blame for bad working conditions for seafarers, according to the ...
People / Kimberly Karlshoej is new head of ITF Seafarers’ Trust
The ITF Seafarers’ Trust – the charity arm of the International Transport Workers’ Federation – ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes