Comment / Analysis: Yang Ming and Seaspan both suffering, but is it stress or distress?
For the investment community at least, Taiwan’s Yang Ming has been sailing under the radar for ...
News / Seaspan 'operationally strong', but has still not recovered financially from Hanjin collapse
Seaspan has reported declining revenues for a third successive quarter and EBITDA earnings for the year to date ...
People / Bing Chen to succeed Gerry Wang as chief executive at Seaspan
The world’s largest non-operating container shipowner, Seaspan, has announced that Bing Chen will take over as its ...
News / Charter market still very bad news for the NOOs as their losses mount
In just seven years, some $2.7bn has been wiped off the value of the seven publicly ...
People / Co-founder Gerry Wang to retire from Seaspan
Gerry Wang, the charismatic co-founder, co-chair and CEO of Vancouver-based containership owner Seaspan Corporation, is ...
Comment / Analysis: Seaspan funding plans may prove costly for investors
Seaspan’s funding plans continue to be high on my radar, following a 60% plunge in ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / Hanjin and depressed charter market sink Seaspan results
Despite the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping and a severely depressed charter market, resulting in the ...
News / Containership owners may be next to be buffeted by ripples from the Hanjin collapse
The next industry casualty of the Hanjin collapse may not be a carrier, but a ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 4.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Robert Keen on Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 2. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 3. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 4. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 5. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading