ship scrapping Headlines
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / Containership scrapping gathers pace ahead of IMO 2020
In the last 30 days, 23 container vessels have been sold for scrap – nearly half the number ...
News / Wan Hai orders 20 new box ships to meet market ambitions
Taiwan niche ocean carrier Wan Hai has confirmed an order for 20 new box ships ...
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
News / Panamax daily hire rates hit $16,000 as open tonnage availability dries up
The daily hire rate for panamax containerships has surged by 30% in the past month ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
News / Idle containership fleet falls below 100 as demand for tonnage remains tight
The number of containerships in lay-up has dipped below 100, according to Alphaliner. Its latest survey reveals strong demand ...
Recommends / No slowdown in ship scrapping on South Asia beaches
Shipowners are still sending old ships to South Asia to be broken down, despite an ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 4.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe