Comment / Blog alert on the ease of cyber attacks on ships was pure scaremongering
Last month a much-reported blog – included in The Loadstar – claimed “sinking ships [via hacking], ...
News / Shippers that put lives at risk with poor container packing and labelling
“Disreputable” shippers are putting lives and the supply chain at risk when they fail to meet ...
News / US technology firm weighs in with timely app to help shippers with VGM
A US technology firm has developed a new app to help shippers and smaller forwarders ...
Recommends / SOLAS: so what does it mean for customers? asks Maersk
As Damco announces it has launched two VGM services, Maersk CCO Vincent Clerk argues, in a ...
News / IMO urges 'pragmatic' approach for first three months of new container VGM rules
The IMO has urged regulators to take a “pragmatic” approach to the new SOLAS VGM ...
Recommends / Port of South Carolina first to announce container weighing plans
Recent debate in the US over the forthcoming implementation of the amendment to Solas, that ...
Recommends / US exporters do not need to weigh containers for SOLAS, says USCG
The US Coast Guard (USCG), which this week added further confusion to the soon-to-be enforced ...
News / No going back now on new container weighing regulations, says IMO
The IMO’s senior deputy director for marine technology and cargoes, maritime safety division, Joseph Westwood-Booth, ...
News / Maersk launches campaign to help shippers prepare for new container weighing rules
Maersk Line is preparing an awareness campaign to alert shippers to container weighing regulations that come ...
News / Culture change required to avoid chaos from container weighing rule
The clock is ticking on the mandatory weighing of containers in the supply chain. There are ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making