South Africa Headlines
News / Ocean Network Express cleared for April launch as last regulatory barrier is cleared
South Africa’s competition watchdog has approved the merger of three Japanese container shipping lines, NYK, MOL ...
Recommends / South African regulator approves Maersk’s Hamburg Süd deal
South Africa’s competition authority has given the nod to Maersk’s takeover of Hamburg Süd – ...
News / Emerging markets stand to benefit if UK fails to secure Brexit deal with EU
Emerging markets could benefit from a difficult break-up between the UK and EU. Britain could be left looking ...
News / South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
The South African Competition Commission has rejected the merger of the container divisions of NYK, MOL ...
Recommends / BMW halts car production due to supply chain snag
Production of BMW’s Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 models was brought to a halt ...
News / American Airlines Cargo gets foothold in Africa with HAE link-up
American Airlines Cargo is expanding its reach into Africa with an offline service, in a ...
Recommends / 'Major blaze' on APL containership off South Africa
Emergency maritime services in South Africa have been working over the past couple of days ...
People / INTTRA and SA School of Shipping collaborate on shipment booking training
South Africa’s School of Shipping is to collaborate with INTTRA, the electronic marketplace for container ...
News / Suez cuts transit fees for US-Asia ships to combat cost-saving allure of Cape of Good Hope
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has reacted to the increasing number of backhaul voyages being ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. email@example.com on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV