South Korea Headlines
Recommends / South Korea's slump-hit shipbuilding sector cut 35,000 workers in H1
More than 35,000 workers in South Korea’s shipbuilding industry lost their jobs in the first ...
Recommends / North Korea’s missile launch hits South Korean shipbuilding industry
South Korea’s domestic shipbuilding industry has found itself part of the collateral damage of North Korea’s ...
Recommends / South Korea fines shipping lines over 'ro-ro cartel'
South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has imposed fines of $38m on nine shipping lines, ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding chief also charged with issuing $25m in bribes
The turmoil in South Korea’s maritime industry continues. While the country struggles to make sure ...
Recommends / Top business leaders to be grilled in SK parliamentary corruption probe
Right from the time it became apparent that Hyundai Merchant Marine was in trouble, through ...
Recommends / South Korea creates state-backed ship financing company
In the wake of the collapse of Hanjin Shipping and the subsequent crisis beginning to ...
News / Shipyards must look to niche markets as overcapacity shreds orderbooks
A depressing picture of the global ship building industry was painted by executives at an ...
News / 'It's not too late to save Hanjin' claim, as shipping and smartphone crises rain on Korea's parade
All the talk at the World Ocean Forum (WOF) this week in South Korea is of ...
News / Bankruptcy looms for Hanjin Shipping as creditors reject latest rescue plan
Creditors decided today not to extend financial support to Hanjin Shipping beyond the end of ...
- 1.Analysis: Kuehne + Nagel on a slow path to value destruction?
- 2.K+N gets back to profit growth, but to hit 2017 targets, it must do better in Q4
- 3.Gloomy picture painted for container shipping is lightening, says Alphaliner
- 4.More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
- 5.Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
- 1. Mark Taylor on UPS to build £120m 'world-class' parcel hub at London Gateway logistics park
- 2. Ameliia Tahiir on Air cargo boom at Budapest Airport as multinational shippers move in
- 3. taparish on Delivery by rocket could change the game for UPS and FedEx
- 4. Jaye on Quit Weining, you're a species bound for extinction
- 5. Jason h on West Africa becomes the new pirate hot spot as ships fight back in Somalia