South Korea Headlines
News / Anger in Europe as state subsidies for South Korean carrier HMM soar
State-owned Korea Ocean Business Corporation (KOBC) has, reportedly, signed off on some W6.15trn ($5.4bn) of ...
News / Heung-A the latest Korean carrier to tell worried shippers: 'We're not sinking'
Another South Korean shipping line under financial pressure has had to write to customers to dispel ...
Recommends / Samsung shipbuilding will shift to operating profit in 2019, says CEO
Rumours of the swift demise of South Korea’s shipbuilding industry appear to be exaggerated. While ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding CEO gets six years in jail for fraud
A Seoul court this morning sentenced former DSME chief executive Nam Sang-tae to six years ...
News / Korea's HMM and SM Line brave choppy water in Q3, but are making headway
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) and SM Line remained in the red in Q3 as they continued ...
News / South Korean shipyards in tough battle with undercutting Chinese rivals
South Korean shipyards are in a battle with Chinese rivals, over construction of ultra-large container vessels, ...
News / More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
Growing demand from automotive shippers has led Kuehne + Nagel to expand its Asia-Europe rail ...
Recommends / South Korea's slump-hit shipbuilding sector cut 35,000 workers in H1
More than 35,000 workers in South Korea’s shipbuilding industry lost their jobs in the first ...
Recommends / North Korea’s missile launch hits South Korean shipbuilding industry
South Korea’s domestic shipbuilding industry has found itself part of the collateral damage of North Korea’s ...
Recommends / South Korea fines shipping lines over 'ro-ro cartel'
South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has imposed fines of $38m on nine shipping lines, ...
- 1.New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2.Analysis: has DSV got a new M&A deal up its corporate sleeve?
- 3.Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe
- 4.As e-commerce sales grow, 'free delivery' becomes more of a myth, says DHL
- 5.CMA CGM first container line to sign up with Freightos online booking
- 1. Dave on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Garry Hopper on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 3. Alex@coollogisticsconference.com on Four trophies for The Loadstar specialists at Seahorse journalism awards 2018
- 4. Harry on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 5. Bruce on Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe