South Korea Headlines
Recommends / Samsung shipbuilding will shift to operating profit in 2019, says CEO
Rumours of the swift demise of South Korea’s shipbuilding industry appear to be exaggerated. While ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding CEO gets six years in jail for fraud
A Seoul court this morning sentenced former DSME chief executive Nam Sang-tae to six years ...
News / Korea's HMM and SM Line brave choppy water in Q3, but are making headway
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) and SM Line remained in the red in Q3 as they continued ...
News / South Korean shipyards in tough battle with undercutting Chinese rivals
South Korean shipyards are in a battle with Chinese rivals, over construction of ultra-large container vessels, ...
News / More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
Growing demand from automotive shippers has led Kuehne + Nagel to expand its Asia-Europe rail ...
Recommends / South Korea's slump-hit shipbuilding sector cut 35,000 workers in H1
More than 35,000 workers in South Korea’s shipbuilding industry lost their jobs in the first ...
Recommends / North Korea’s missile launch hits South Korean shipbuilding industry
South Korea’s domestic shipbuilding industry has found itself part of the collateral damage of North Korea’s ...
Recommends / South Korea fines shipping lines over 'ro-ro cartel'
South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has imposed fines of $38m on nine shipping lines, ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding chief also charged with issuing $25m in bribes
The turmoil in South Korea’s maritime industry continues. While the country struggles to make sure ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.MSC tries 'last-resort' emergency surcharge to offset rising cost of fuel
- 3.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 4.Will shippers abandon undamaged Maersk Honam boxes after more delay?
- 5.Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 1. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 2. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 3. Peter healey on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 4. GRACE M. on Maersk Honam finally arrives at port of refuge, but cannot berth
- 5. Dan Meir on Raising the bar on safety: are you ready for the new container regulations?