South Korea Headlines
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding chief also charged with issuing $25m in bribes
The turmoil in South Korea’s maritime industry continues. While the country struggles to make sure ...
Recommends / Top business leaders to be grilled in SK parliamentary corruption probe
Right from the time it became apparent that Hyundai Merchant Marine was in trouble, through ...
Recommends / South Korea creates state-backed ship financing company
In the wake of the collapse of Hanjin Shipping and the subsequent crisis beginning to ...
News / 'It's not too late to save Hanjin' claim, as shipping and smartphone crises rain on Korea's parade
All the talk at the World Ocean Forum (WOF) this week in South Korea is of ...
News / Bankruptcy looms for Hanjin Shipping as creditors reject latest rescue plan
Creditors decided today not to extend financial support to Hanjin Shipping beyond the end of ...
Recommends / Financial Services Commission chief rules out aid for Hanjin Shipping
South Korea’s top financial regulator, head of the Financial Services Commission Yim Jong-yong, has reiterated ...
Recommends / South Korea eyes trade deal with post-Brexit Britain
South Korea appears to be first out of the block when it comes to countries ...
News / THE Alliance beckons HMM as containership owners agree 20% charter rate cuts
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has managed to secure a 20% cut in daily hire rates for its ...
Recommends / Receivership beckons for HMM as charter negotiations are called off
This report from Splash247 suggests that the end is almost nigh for Hyundai Merchant Marine. ...
- 1.Analysis: something brewing at Kuehne + Nagel HQ as its stock rises?
- 2.Another mega-containership runs aground, pushing salvors to their limits
- 3.Analysis: Panalpina now caught between a rock and a hard place
- 4.TEU tokens and blockchain may shape the future of container shipping contracts
- 5.APM Terminals and Damco slip into the red after first six months of the year
- 1. dav on TEU tokens and blockchain may shape the future of container shipping contracts
- 2. Roger Kenyon on UK logistics sector likes Whitehall plan for post-Brexit customs, but wants more detail
- 3. Gunther Ginckels on UK logistics sector likes Whitehall plan for post-Brexit customs, but wants more detail
- 4. Steve Cameron on Another mega-containership runs aground, pushing salvors to their limits
- 5. Sergey Koleda on Convoy, rival to Uber Freight, attracts a further $62m, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos