Strike inaction Headlines
News / Dockers' union calls off global action after Spanish MPs reject port reforms
The International Dockworkers Council (IDC) has cancelled “mobilisations” planned for Wednesday, as it returns to the ...
Recommends / Finnair hit by strike at Helsinki Airport
Finnair will cancel more than 90 flights through its Helsinki Airport hub and suspend cargo ...
News / Ocean carriers warn of cargo diversions as port strikes loom
Maersk Line has warned shippers that some cargo will be re-routed or diverted to avoid ...
News / New York dockers' union calls for abolition of crime-busting Waterfront Commission
Vice president of the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) Kenneth Riley has called for the abolition ...
News / Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) vice president Kenneth Riley has called for a shutdown of US ...
News / Dockers' union issues threat to Spanish trade over employment law revision
The International Dockworkers Council (IDC) has warned it will seek to paralyse worldwide shipments of ...
News / Union claims up to 8,000 Spanish stevedore jobs could be axed under new employment rules
Thousands of Spanish dockworkers’ jobs are at threat if the country’s government follows through with ...
News / A tale of two port cities: good times at Gdansk; grievances at Gothenburg
Deepwater Container Terminal (DCT) Gdansk experienced record volumes in 2016, while neighbouring Baltic port Gothenburg ...
News / US dockers' union says automated terminals are a barrier to smooth contract negotiations
The leader of the International Longshoreman’s Association (ILA), the labour union that represents the 65,000 ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers