People / Luzius Wirth to head Swissport UK & Ireland as Tommy Watt retires
Swissport has appointed Luzius Wirth (pictured above) chief executive of its UK and Ireland operations. Mr ...
News / Swissport cargo handlers set to join 48-hour Christmas strike if talks fail
Swissport cargo crew are set to join baggage handlers and check-in staff across UK airports ...
Recommends / President opens new air cargo handling facility in Accra
Accra has seen its air cargo handling capacity rise to 70,000 tonnes following the opening ...
News / WFS continues its expansion with takeover of US's largest cargo handler, CAS
Consolidation in the cargo handling business continues apace, following WFS’s acquisition of North America’s largest ...
News / Wincanton chief gets top job at Swissport as Utnegaard quits for Bilfinger
Per Utnegaard, the CEO of Swissport, who has been touted as the next chief of ...
People / Swissport CEO set to quit, but air cargo focus on Africa stays as keen as ever
Per Utnegaard, CEO of Swissport, looks set quit the company to head engineering and services ...
News / Swissport loses out after 'political' ruling in legal battle over Ukraine business
Swissport, which claims to be the victim of a corporate raider attack in Ukraine, has ...
News / Swissport wins back control of Ukrainian handling arm, but carrier vows to fight on
Swissport yesterday won its appeal in the Ukrainian courts to recover its 70% share in ...
News / Threat to Servisair takeover as US staff take legal action over 'corporate greed'
The impending acquisition of Servisair by Swissport could be adversely affected, following a lawsuit bought ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive