Takeover Talk Headlines
News / Cosco seals €35m deal for 100% control of APMT box terminal at Zeebrugge
China’s state-owned shipping and ports group, Cosco, has acquired the 76% share of APM Terminals’ Zeebrugge ...
News / China's port operator swoops on Brazilian JV operating container facilities at Paranagua
CMPort, the port-operating subsidiary of state-owned China Merchants Holdings has made its first investment in ...
News / Myanmar casts its net for a global terminal operator as port expands
Myanmar’s largest container port is in the process of bringing on a global terminal operator ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk preparing the ground for a jumbo deal to follow Oil sale?
The stars are shining for the Maersk family under the stewardship of chief executive Søren ...
News / OOCL needed cash and the 'weight' of Cosco to challenge the mega-competition
OOCL was too small to compete with mega-carriers and needed access to a large capital ...
News / XPO Logistics ready to hit the acquisition trail again with an $8bn war chest
XPO Logistics is set to return to the merger and acquisition arena after a two-year ...
News / Steep half-year profit increase as DSV reaps rewards of UTi integration
DSV’s strong start to the year continued with a 138.4% surge in pre-tax profits and volume ...
Recommends / Towards a European vision on strategic assets
Olaf Merk, the OECD’s expert on shipping and ports (writing here on his personnel blog, ...
News / Cosco acquisition of OOCL still faces “a degree of uncertainty”
Cosco Shipping Holdings resumed trading on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) today, more than two ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 4.The global freight forwarding market and its impact on globalisation
- 5.Threat to cargo jobs as freighter operators look set to lose slots at Schiphol
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships