Takeover Talk Headlines
Recommends / The Flipkart story: a $20bn exercise in smokes and mirrors
The latest news out of the vibrant Indian e-commerce sector is that US retail giant ...
News / OOCL enjoys a busier and more profitable first quarter than its new owner
Ahead of its acquisition by COSCO, ocean carrier OOCL’s carryings jumped 7.5% year on year, to ...
Comment / Analysis: Logistics M&A activity shaping up to be a big deal in Q2
M&A-related news has appeared with a vengeance lately in the transport and logistics industry, and ...
Comment / Analysis: Damco a prime takeover target if Hapag-Lloyd looks for a forwarder
Spurred by a recent history of deal-making, 2017 was a transformational year for Hapag-Lloyd, and ...
News / DFDS to expand presence in the Med with €1bn takeover of UN Ro-Ro
Danish ro-ro and ferry operator DFDS is set to dramatically expand its presence in the ...
News / COSCO takeover of OOCL threatened by China-US trade spat
The $6.3bn COSCO takeover of Orient Overseas International Lines (OOIL) and its container line arm, ...
News / HHLA must look elsewhere for growth as port of Hamburg volumes weaken
German terminal operator HHLA is increasingly eyeing international acquisitions as a means of mitigating against future ...
News / COSCO back in the black, with a little help from its state friends
COSCO Shipping posted a net profit of $264m in 2017, reversing a loss of $1.1bn ...
News / Lufthansa eyes Brussels Airlines' Africa network and will market cargo services
Brussels Airlines Cargo has become the latest Lufthansa subsidiary to see its cargo capacity marketed ...
- 1.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 2.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 3.ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4.CEVA unveils plans for relationship with CMA CGM as Q1 results satisfy
- 5.Major forwarders begin the fight to get ahead in the digital supply chain race
- 1. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on North American rail operators put profits before customers, claim shippers
- 2. Cargolution on TIACA's Air Cargo Forum 2018 takes off in Toronto
- 3. Itsik on Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
- 4. Peter on Hapag-Lloyd stays bullish despite loss-making first quarter
- 5. Holisol supply chain solutions on How to gain competitive advantage in global e-commerce logistics