tech start-ups Headlines
Recommends / How Shyp sank: rise and fall of an on-demand start-up
Hype alone can’t carry you, a truism on-demand shipping start-up Shyp has had to accept. The ...
Recommends / Shipping tech bubble talk emerges
A companion piece on our story today on 300cubits. Yesterday, maritime news site Splash247 ran ...
Lufthansa Cargo buys into US-based online freight services marketplace
Lufthansa Cargo has taken a stake in Fleet, a US-based online marketplace for freight services. The move is indicative ...
Recommends / Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
Kuehne + Nagel is to invest in new technologies such as AI, automation and blockchain ...
Recommends / Freight start-up Flexport soars from ‘unsexy’ to $800m valuation
Flexport’s charismatic Ryan Petersen has wooed investors again – and raised another $110m – giving ...
Recommends / Convoy, rival to Uber Freight, attracts a further $62m, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos
As one start-up fades, another thrives. Convoy, a two-year old Seattle-based company matching nearby and available truckers to loads, has ...
Recommends / Struggling 'Uber of shipping' retreats to San Francisco
It seems Shyp’s attempts at being an industry-wide disruptor have not worked out the way ...
Recommends / Start-up aims to change our perception of shipping services
Another day, another ‘disruptive’ start-up. This one is called FreightKart, and promises much of what ...
Recommends / Truckers work alongside coders trying to eliminate their jobs
A Bloomberg long read on Starsky Robotics, one of the best-named start-ups around. The company ...
- 1.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 2.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 3.ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4.CEVA unveils plans for relationship with CMA CGM as Q1 results satisfy
- 5.Major forwarders begin the fight to get ahead in the digital supply chain race
- 1. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on North American rail operators put profits before customers, claim shippers
- 2. Cargolution on TIACA's Air Cargo Forum 2018 takes off in Toronto
- 3. Itsik on Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
- 4. Peter on Hapag-Lloyd stays bullish despite loss-making first quarter
- 5. Holisol supply chain solutions on How to gain competitive advantage in global e-commerce logistics