tech start-ups Headlines
Recommends / Gadget makers are bracing for Trump’s trade war
While President Trump’s argument for raising tariffs on Chinese imports is predicated on protecting American ...
Recommends / How Shyp sank: rise and fall of an on-demand start-up
Hype alone can’t carry you, a truism on-demand shipping start-up Shyp has had to accept. The ...
Recommends / Shipping tech bubble talk emerges
A companion piece on our story today on 300cubits. Yesterday, maritime news site Splash247 ran ...
Lufthansa Cargo buys into US-based online freight services marketplace
Lufthansa Cargo has taken a stake in Fleet, a US-based online marketplace for freight services. The move is indicative ...
Recommends / Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
Kuehne + Nagel is to invest in new technologies such as AI, automation and blockchain ...
Recommends / Freight start-up Flexport soars from ‘unsexy’ to $800m valuation
Flexport’s charismatic Ryan Petersen has wooed investors again – and raised another $110m – giving ...
Recommends / Convoy, rival to Uber Freight, attracts a further $62m, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos
As one start-up fades, another thrives. Convoy, a two-year old Seattle-based company matching nearby and available truckers to loads, has ...
Recommends / Struggling 'Uber of shipping' retreats to San Francisco
It seems Shyp’s attempts at being an industry-wide disruptor have not worked out the way ...
Recommends / Start-up aims to change our perception of shipping services
Another day, another ‘disruptive’ start-up. This one is called FreightKart, and promises much of what ...
Recommends / Truckers work alongside coders trying to eliminate their jobs
A Bloomberg long read on Starsky Robotics, one of the best-named start-ups around. The company ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 3.Market insight: Pick-a-merger time for Hapag Lloyd as suitors line up
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 2. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 5. Finn on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam