The driver shortage crisis Headlines
News / Artificial intelligence could help solve under-use of trucks as driver shortage worsens
Artificial intelligence (AI) is again being hailed as the solution to under-utilisation in trucking, with ...
News / New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
The Council of Europe has agreed new rules covering the employment of truck drivers in ...
News / Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe
European road transport firms are racing towards a driver shortage crisis of 150,000 unfilled jobs, according ...
News / There must be a 'win-win' element in container line service contracts
Container carriers and customers need to work together to develop annual contracts that ensure shippers ...
People / JMHC Logistics eyes accreditation for its driver training academy
As the pool of potential haulage drivers within the UK continues to shrink, JMHC Logistics ...
News / Beleaguered UK importers prepared for further delays as more vessels divert from Southampton and Felixstowe
Chronic congestion at the UK’s two largest container ports is forcing ocean carrier planners to ...
Recommends / No cheers among US breweries as transport costs swallow profits
The US’s domestic beer industry is seeing profits fall as it struggles with higher transport ...
Recommends / Truck driver shortage could be solved by paying for all the work they do
This op-ed piece on Forbes from supply chain analyst Steve Banker suggests road freight providers ...
News / Happy first half for Ceva Logistics as a successful IPO starts to deliver
Operating income more than halved after specific items and SBC for Ceva Logistics during the ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes