The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 2. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 3. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 4. VarAway on Why airlines may have to cut back on cargo due to global warming
- 5. christine Glenn on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers