The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Panamax vessel crisis deepens as Rickmers Maritime Trust suspends share trading
Classic panamax containerships continue to be pulled from services transiting the Panama Canal, resulting in a record ...
- 1.Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.More container shipping M&A activity expected as smaller carriers try to keep up
- 4.Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
- 5.South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Markings on a container – what do they mean?
- 2. Andres Pelaez on Container no-show and cancellation fees 'a potential nightmare' for intermediaries
- 3. email@example.com on Collision 'was USS Fitzgerald's fault': and this is why
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
- 5. Hugh Sutherland on New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy