The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / Cheap charter rates give HMM's new panamax service a competitive edge
With Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) about to launch an Asia-North Europe service deploying panamax-size vessels, maritime ...
News / Healthier new year for container charter market, but owners still have concerns
The containership charter market has entered 2018 in a much healthier state than it was ...
News / Owners of bigger containerships face a charter market 'double-whammy'
The new year could be challenging for owners of large containerships, while non-operating owners in the smaller ...
News / Idle containership numbers fall again, but newbuilds and M&A are a threat
The number of containerships in hot or cold lay-up has fallen to 114, from 136 ...
News / 'Brisk' charter market activity, but don't get too excited, says Alphaliner
Alphaliner has slashed its year-end idle container tonnage projection down to 600,000 teu from 800,000-1m ...
News / Becalmed panamax owners need a big hike in charter rates to survive
The survival of panamax containerships is threatened by the impact of low charter rates and industry cascading. According to an ...
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
- 1.CMA CGM's swoop to take nearly 25% of CEVA is 'a banker's dream'
- 2.Analysis: Damco a prime takeover target if Hapag-Lloyd looks for a forwarder
- 3.Analysis: CEVA Logistics IPO priced for a big 'pop' on day one?
- 4.'Encouraging start' to 2018 for Panalpina as profits leap in Q1
- 5.Flexport has ambitions to become a top-10 forwarder
- 1. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on CMA CGM's swoop to take nearly 25% of CEVA is 'a banker's dream'
- 3. Luiz on Flexport has ambitions to become a top-10 forwarder
- 4. Alex Lennane on Analysis: CEVA Logistics IPO priced for a big 'pop' on day one?
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: CEVA Logistics IPO priced for a big 'pop' on day one?