The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
- 1.Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2.'Not quick enough' – DHL Global Forwarding must change, says CEO
- 3.Analysis: with OOCL buy, Cosco is growing, but it's also burning more cash
- 4.A new future for logistics as e-commerce brings the era of the FCL to an end
- 5.Analysis: a more positive quarter for a leaner-looking CEVA Logistics
- 1. Charles on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 2. email@example.com on Waiting for that light bulb moment – innovation in air cargo
- 3. Michael Perez on US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
- 4. mel perry on Forwarders and shippers caught in the updraught of an air cargo 'perfect storm'
- 5. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Bigger ships, smaller shipments... a circle that needs to be squared