The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / The ups and downs of container vessel scrapping as charter rates rise and fall
Alphaliner recently downgraded its projection for containership demolitions this year after an improvement in charter hire rates ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.K+N unveils 'transformation' plan for its 'customers, technology and people'
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 5.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships