The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Panamax vessel crisis deepens as Rickmers Maritime Trust suspends share trading
Classic panamax containerships continue to be pulled from services transiting the Panama Canal, resulting in a record ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
News / Sinking value of panamax box ships propels Seaspan into a sea of red ink in Q3
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation – the biggest individual creditor of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping – is ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Arthur Brown on Unsustainable air freight rate hikes are not healthy, say shippers
- 2. Jaye Tucker on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 4. Brigstocke Lexden on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 5. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs