The era of slow steaming Headlines
News / 2020 low sulphur regulations could be 'the saviour' of container shipping
The IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap, to be imposed in January 2020, could be a “blessing ...
News / Speed limits for box ships the best way to hit emissions target, IMO told
Mandatory speed limits could be shipping lines’ best hope of achieving the IMO’s 2030 emissions reduction ...
News / Shippers fear huge surge in costs if IMO rules box ships must slow down
While shippers have been warned that low-sulphur regulations to be enforced globally in 2020 will ...
News / Slow-steaming still cheaper for container shipping carriers, despite record low bunker prices
Following Korean carrier Hanjin offering express container shipping services on two major tradelanes, industry analyst Alphaliner has questioned ...
Comment / Low oil price brings relief for containership operators, but slow-steaming benefits are lost
The jury is out as to whether the dramatic fall in oil prices in the ...
News / Demand for faster transit times could signal an end to era of slow-steaming
The era of global slow-steaming by container lines could be about to end with the ...
Recommends / 'Slow-steaming' can damage containers, warns BMT
The headline certainly catches the eye – how can slow-steaming harm a container? Well, it’s ...
News / Reports of the death of slow-steaming by box carriers are greatly exaggerated
“It’s not something that we plan to do”, said the Maersk Group chief executive last ...
Recommends / NOL says no plans to drop slow-steaming despite low bunker price
Singapore’s NOL, which owns shipping line APL and its associated supply chain company, APL Logistics, ...
- 1.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 2.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Analysis: DSV + Panalpina – from Basel to the sleeping tiger of logistics disruption
- 5.Supply chain radar: Amazon vs container shipping lines – you're kidding, right?
- 1. Joris Willems on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 3. Alex Lennane on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 4. email@example.com on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 5. Alex Lennane on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'