The fall-out from Hanjin Headlines
News / Container leasing market under pressure as carriers cut back
After a strong first six months with container drop-offs at an exceptionally low level, container ...
News / New investment gives Seaspan the means to consolidate its top lessor position
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has acquired a financial war chest to consolidate the “fragmented” boxship leasing market ...
News / Heung-A the latest Korean carrier to tell worried shippers: 'We're not sinking'
Another South Korean shipping line under financial pressure has had to write to customers to dispel ...
News / Storm clouds are gathering over box line business in 2018, says Fitch
Credit rating and research firm Fitch Ratings has warned that repeating container shipping’s 2017 profitability this ...
News / Boxship owner Seaspan looks to second-hand vessels to boost its bottom line
Containership owner and manager Seaspan Corporation is refocusing on the second-hand market as it shies ...
News / BoxTech expands its toolkit to help track down 'lost' containers
The Bureau International des Containers (BIC) has introduced new functions to its BoxTech database of ...
News / Remaining South Korean lines making waves to restore faith after Hanjin crash
Following the catastrophic failure of Hanjin Shipping last year, the other South Korean ocean carriers still ...
Recommends / South Korea police seek arrest warrant for Korean Air / Hanjin Group chief
Each year seems to bring more despair for Hanjin Group chairman Cho Yang Ho. First ...
News / FMC commissioner Doyle applauds 'innovative' THE Alliance fund to prevent another Hanjin 'debacle'
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) yesterday approved THE Alliance’s plan for a $50m contingency fund in ...
- 1.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 2.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV