The fall-out from Hanjin Headlines
News / Heung-A the latest Korean carrier to tell worried shippers: 'We're not sinking'
Another South Korean shipping line under financial pressure has had to write to customers to dispel ...
News / Storm clouds are gathering over box line business in 2018, says Fitch
Credit rating and research firm Fitch Ratings has warned that repeating container shipping’s 2017 profitability this ...
News / Boxship owner Seaspan looks to second-hand vessels to boost its bottom line
Containership owner and manager Seaspan Corporation is refocusing on the second-hand market as it shies ...
News / BoxTech expands its toolkit to help track down 'lost' containers
The Bureau International des Containers (BIC) has introduced new functions to its BoxTech database of ...
News / Remaining South Korean lines making waves to restore faith after Hanjin crash
Following the catastrophic failure of Hanjin Shipping last year, the other South Korean ocean carriers still ...
Recommends / South Korea police seek arrest warrant for Korean Air / Hanjin Group chief
Each year seems to bring more despair for Hanjin Group chairman Cho Yang Ho. First ...
News / FMC commissioner Doyle applauds 'innovative' THE Alliance fund to prevent another Hanjin 'debacle'
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) yesterday approved THE Alliance’s plan for a $50m contingency fund in ...
News / Success of SM Line shows there is room for ambitious liner start-ups
Cheap containerships, together with a sustained period of reduced fuel costs and a recovering freight ...
News / Tradelane rivalry may scupper partnership of 14 Korean shipping lines, warns analyst
Yesterday’s partnership agreement between 14 South Korean shipping lines falls far short of the consolidation ...
News / Hanjin creditors can expect to get back less than two cents in the dollar
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt ocean carrier Hanjin Shipping can expect to get back less ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Frank Wang on Cargo handling industry looks for real-time visibility and connectivity to improve efficiency and productivity
- 3. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 4. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges