The migrant migraine Headlines
News / Pressure grows from migrant crisis in the Med with commercial ships rescuing 14,000 last year
Shipping lines are coming under increased pressure from the refugee and migrant crisis in the ...
News / More attacks on truck drivers revive supply chain fears by UK shippers
Increasing violence against truck drivers in mainland Europe means major UK shippers are fearing for their cross-Channel ...
Recommends / A dangerous game in the southern Adriatic
I cannot say I have the fondest memories of the Greek ferry port of Patras ...
News / Driver killed after migrants barricade Calais approach road – hauliers demand action
A Polish van driver died this morning after colliding with three trucks on one of ...
News / RHA and FTA demand action as attacks by migrants on truckers increase
Both the Road Haulage Association (RHA) and Freight Transport Association (FTA) have urged the UK and ...
Recommends / Globalisation needs to be all or nothing
Op-ed piece in the increasingly excellent Quartz which argues that far from relegating millions to ...
News / Safer and easier for freight through port of Calais since 'the Jungle' was torn down
In the three weeks since the notorious “Jungle” migrants camp adjacent to the port of ...
News / Crisis at Calais: hauliers fear new blockade will bring more attacks on truckers
Cross-Channel operations between Dover and Calais were set to descend into chaos today as French ...
Recommends / Trucker wins appeal against £10,000 illegal immigrant fine
Finally, some good news for hauliers plying the Calais-Dover route. A lorry driver has won his ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.MSC tries 'last-resort' emergency surcharge to offset rising cost of fuel
- 3.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 4.Will shippers abandon undamaged Maersk Honam boxes after more delay?
- 5.Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 1. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 2. GW on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 3. Peter healey on Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
- 4. GRACE M. on Maersk Honam finally arrives at port of refuge, but cannot berth
- 5. Dan Meir on Raising the bar on safety: are you ready for the new container regulations?