The near-shoring shift Headlines
News / Globalisation a stumbling block to efforts to shorten supply chains, say shippers
Despite efforts by shippers to shorten supply chains and induce a near-shoring shift, the structure of ...
Comment / 'Near-shoring shift' a more serious threat than bigger ships/smaller loads paradox
An opinion piece last week in The Loadstar responded to the likelihood that a series ...
Recommends / Near-shoring gains traction as globalisation stalls
Excellent cost-benefit analysis of the near-shoring phenomenon as the backlash against globalisation continues. The continued ...
News / XPO Logistics decides to keep Con-way full-truckload unit to capitalise on growing US-Mexico traffic
XPO Logistics has revealed that will retain the full-truckload (FTL) business unit of Con-way Freight, which ...
Recommends / Adidas wants to make sneakers with more robots and fewer Chinese factories
One response to rising labour costs in Asia, particularly China, is to go headlong down ...
News / Malaysia and Taiwan overtake China as the world's top manufacturing locations
It is now official: China is no longer the favourite country to build new factories. The ...
Recommends / Boeing may move overseas if Ex-Im bank isn't revived
We really cannot guarantee the veracity of this threat from one of the US’s most ...
Congress leaves for recess without reauthorising Export-Import Bank
Whatever your position on ex-im banks providing “corporate welfare”, the fact is they are vital ...
Recommends / Hi-tech shippers increasingly ‘right-shoring’ to meet demand
Confident hi-tech companies, which are continuing to see growth, are increasingly looking to ‘right-shoring’ to ...
Recommends / Mexico's manufacturing sector continues to grow
The ongoing debate about sourcing locations continues in this in-depth article from US thinktank Stratfor, ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making