The near-shoring shift Headlines
News / Globalisation a stumbling block to efforts to shorten supply chains, say shippers
Despite efforts by shippers to shorten supply chains and induce a near-shoring shift, the structure of ...
Comment / 'Near-shoring shift' a more serious threat than bigger ships/smaller loads paradox
An opinion piece last week in The Loadstar responded to the likelihood that a series ...
Recommends / Near-shoring gains traction as globalisation stalls
Excellent cost-benefit analysis of the near-shoring phenomenon as the backlash against globalisation continues. The continued ...
News / XPO Logistics decides to keep Con-way full-truckload unit to capitalise on growing US-Mexico traffic
XPO Logistics has revealed that will retain the full-truckload (FTL) business unit of Con-way Freight, which ...
Recommends / Adidas wants to make sneakers with more robots and fewer Chinese factories
One response to rising labour costs in Asia, particularly China, is to go headlong down ...
News / Malaysia and Taiwan overtake China as the world's top manufacturing locations
It is now official: China is no longer the favourite country to build new factories. The ...
Recommends / Boeing may move overseas if Ex-Im bank isn't revived
We really cannot guarantee the veracity of this threat from one of the US’s most ...
Congress leaves for recess without reauthorising Export-Import Bank
Whatever your position on ex-im banks providing “corporate welfare”, the fact is they are vital ...
Recommends / Hi-tech shippers increasingly ‘right-shoring’ to meet demand
Confident hi-tech companies, which are continuing to see growth, are increasingly looking to ‘right-shoring’ to ...
Recommends / Mexico's manufacturing sector continues to grow
The ongoing debate about sourcing locations continues in this in-depth article from US thinktank Stratfor, ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs