The near-shoring shift Headlines
News / Globalisation a stumbling block to efforts to shorten supply chains, say shippers
Despite efforts by shippers to shorten supply chains and induce a near-shoring shift, the structure of ...
Comment / 'Near-shoring shift' a more serious threat than bigger ships/smaller loads paradox
An opinion piece last week in The Loadstar responded to the likelihood that a series ...
Recommends / Near-shoring gains traction as globalisation stalls
Excellent cost-benefit analysis of the near-shoring phenomenon as the backlash against globalisation continues. The continued ...
News / XPO Logistics decides to keep Con-way full-truckload unit to capitalise on growing US-Mexico traffic
XPO Logistics has revealed that will retain the full-truckload (FTL) business unit of Con-way Freight, which ...
Recommends / Adidas wants to make sneakers with more robots and fewer Chinese factories
One response to rising labour costs in Asia, particularly China, is to go headlong down ...
News / Malaysia and Taiwan overtake China as the world's top manufacturing locations
It is now official: China is no longer the favourite country to build new factories. The ...
Recommends / Boeing may move overseas if Ex-Im bank isn't revived
We really cannot guarantee the veracity of this threat from one of the US’s most ...
Congress leaves for recess without reauthorising Export-Import Bank
Whatever your position on ex-im banks providing “corporate welfare”, the fact is they are vital ...
Recommends / Hi-tech shippers increasingly ‘right-shoring’ to meet demand
Confident hi-tech companies, which are continuing to see growth, are increasingly looking to ‘right-shoring’ to ...
- 1.DSV takeover bid for CEVA Logistics rebuffed, but CMA CGM eyes bigger stake
- 2.Analysis: is DSV ready to move on Damco's freight forwarding business?
- 3.Market Insight Exclusive: Revealed – the AP Møller-Maersk Group reorganisation
- 4.Amazon Air takes off for Miami with Atlas, despite concerns over pilot numbers
- 5.Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?
- 1. Simon George on MSC opts for Traxens technology to create 50,000 'smart' containers
- 2. John Luis on Forwarders urge carriers to put freighters into India
- 3. LawrenceTeh on Forwarders hit back at 'shipping monopoly' and 'no limit' box detention fees
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?
- 5. email@example.com on Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?