The near-shoring shift Headlines
Comment / 'Near-shoring shift' a more serious threat than bigger ships/smaller loads paradox
An opinion piece last week in The Loadstar responded to the likelihood that a series ...
Recommends / Near-shoring gains traction as globalisation stalls
Excellent cost-benefit analysis of the near-shoring phenomenon as the backlash against globalisation continues. The continued ...
News / XPO Logistics decides to keep Con-way full-truckload unit to capitalise on growing US-Mexico traffic
XPO Logistics has revealed that will retain the full-truckload (FTL) business unit of Con-way Freight, which ...
Recommends / Adidas wants to make sneakers with more robots and fewer Chinese factories
One response to rising labour costs in Asia, particularly China, is to go headlong down ...
News / Malaysia and Taiwan overtake China as the world's top manufacturing locations
It is now official: China is no longer the favourite country to build new factories. The ...
Recommends / Boeing may move overseas if Ex-Im bank isn't revived
We really cannot guarantee the veracity of this threat from one of the US’s most ...
Congress leaves for recess without reauthorising Export-Import Bank
Whatever your position on ex-im banks providing “corporate welfare”, the fact is they are vital ...
Recommends / Hi-tech shippers increasingly ‘right-shoring’ to meet demand
Confident hi-tech companies, which are continuing to see growth, are increasingly looking to ‘right-shoring’ to ...
Recommends / Mexico's manufacturing sector continues to grow
The ongoing debate about sourcing locations continues in this in-depth article from US thinktank Stratfor, ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 3.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 4.Port of Southampton to lose call by Maersk/MSC Asia-Europe service
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion