The protection racket Headlines
Recommends / Planes, politics and protectionism: can US carriers have it both ways?
In her latest blog, ATW editor Karen Walker looks into the growth of US protectionism in ...
News / Industry welcomes decline in protectionism as global trade facilitation grows
Despite all the recent protectionist talk, global trade facilitation is improving. A World Trade Organisation (WTO) report ...
Recommends / Senator McCain introduces a new bill to repeal US Jones Act – again
US Senator John McCain is trying yet again to repeal the fairly preposterous Jones Act. ...
News / Brexit 'a leap in the dark', but flexible shippers could benefit
Brexit, the rising tide of protectionism and other geopolitical changes will present opportunities for adaptable ...
Recommends / Mexican tariff’s future met with concerns
Two stories on the possible impact of making changes to NAFTA. Bloomberg has a great ...
Recommends / Logistics companies fear the return of hard borders
Astronomic growth of cross-border e-commerce has catapulted the express sector to record revenues. But Donald ...
News / Automotive logistics south of the border braces for impact as Trump takes over
Celebrations at the opening of the latest automotive logistics processing facility for Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics ...
Recommends / When borders close – flash back a century
This analysis from The New York Times is a must-read for anyone who wants to ...
Recommends / Trump signals the end of 'Made in China' label in the US
As President-elect Trump nears the Oval Office, speculation over his protectionist policies and the subsequent ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 5.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion