The Purse Strings Headlines
News / APL turnaround brings significant boost to CMA CGM first-quarter results
A dramatic turnaround in the fortunes of recently acquired APL helped French carrier CMA CGM ...
News / Analysis: Result! New management firmly in the driving seat at Wincanton
Wincanton embarked on a strong upward climb on the stock market today, following an already ...
News / The Hanjin effect: improved first-quarter may be the turning point for HMM
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has calmed the waters that led it to the brink of bankruptcy ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd sails back into the red as rising costs bite
Hapag-Lloyd slid back into the red in the first quarter, hit by higher bunker prices ...
News / Rising bunker price in first quarter keeps Maersk Line sailing in the red
Maersk Line remained in the red in the first quarter of the year, recording a ...
News / Express the star performer in Q1 for DP-DHL, but forwarding and supply chain profits dip
Deutsche Post-DHL today announced it had increased group revenue by around €1bn in the first ...
News / Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
Trading in the shares of embattled Taiwanese carrier Yang Ming were suspended on the Taipei ...
News / Pressure on margins sees Panalpina profits take a hit in Q1
Margin pressures battered Panalpina’s first-quarter results: revenue and profit dropped, year-on-year, despite volume growth outpacing ...
News / Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
Despite revenue growth of almost CHF300m (US$300m), Kuehne + Nagel struggled to increase profits in the ...
- 1.Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.More container shipping M&A activity expected as smaller carriers try to keep up
- 4.Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
- 5.South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Markings on a container – what do they mean?
- 2. Andres Pelaez on Container no-show and cancellation fees 'a potential nightmare' for intermediaries
- 3. email@example.com on Collision 'was USS Fitzgerald's fault': and this is why
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
- 5. Hugh Sutherland on New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy