The Purse Strings Headlines
News / Pressure on margins sees Panalpina profits take a hit in Q1
Margin pressures battered Panalpina’s first-quarter results: revenue and profit dropped, year-on-year, despite volume growth outpacing ...
News / Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
Despite revenue growth of almost CHF300m (US$300m), Kuehne + Nagel struggled to increase profits in the ...
News / Gatemore chief piles on the pressure as DX Group unveils merger plan
DX Group’s largest shareholder has criticised the logistics operator over a proposed merger with John ...
News / Yang Ming losses continue to mount after 2016 revenue slump
Taiwanese ocean carrier Yang Ming has added a 2016 US$492m loss to the net deficit of $258m the ...
News / Logistics the star performer as Li & Fung predicts a tough road ahead
Hong Kong apparel sourcing and logistics firm Li & Fung is warning 2017 is likely to ...
News / Lufthansa Cargo can rise above 2016 loss, but 'the playing field must be level'
Cargo carriers must compete on an even playing field if the market is to see ...
News / More positive Hapag-Lloyd chief shrugs off 2016 $100m loss
Hapag-Lloyd recorded a profit of $46m in the final three months of 2016– a recovery ...
Recommends / Schneider National launches IPO worth up to $580m
Said to be the US’s largest privately owned trucking company, Schneider National is looking to ...
News / Kerry reports profits up as it swoops on CIS forwarder to boost its footprint in Asia
Kerry Logistics has revealed it is targeting an acquisition operating in the Commonwealth of Independent ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Arthur Brown on Unsustainable air freight rate hikes are not healthy, say shippers
- 2. Jaye Tucker on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. email@example.com on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 4. Brigstocke Lexden on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 5. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs