The Purse Strings Headlines
News / Best Q2 for container lines in two years as they eye a $10bn profit swing
Container lines have enjoyed their most profitable quarter in two years, according to a review of ...
News / CSAV takes a hit after UASC merger with Hapag-Lloyd
This year’s merger of United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) with Hapag-Lloyd has pushed the German shipping ...
News / Carriers prepare for the slack season by blanking Asia-Europe sailings
The Ocean Alliance is to cancel four Asia-Europe voyages early next month – two North Europe loops ...
News / Panama Canal discounts may not produce expected flood of new business
On 8 August the Panama Canal Authority (ACP) approved a reduction in its tolls for ...
News / Maersk shrugs off $300m cost of cyber attack as freight rates soar
Maersk Line posted a profit of $339m in the second quarter of the year, which ...
News / XPO Logistics ready to hit the acquisition trail again with an $8bn war chest
XPO Logistics is set to return to the merger and acquisition arena after a two-year ...
News / Soaring revenue brings Atlas Air H1 profits, but pilot dispute still a threat
A successful second quarter at Atlas Air means the all-cargo carrier and ACMI operator can report a profit for ...
News / Steep half-year profit increase as DSV reaps rewards of UTi integration
DSV’s strong start to the year continued with a 138.4% surge in pre-tax profits and volume ...
News / Danaos still feeling the pain of Hanjin collapse as charter market stays flat
Greek containership owner Danaos has said the sector’s charter market is “moving sideways” and it ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 4.The global freight forwarding market and its impact on globalisation
- 5.Threat to cargo jobs as freighter operators look set to lose slots at Schiphol
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships