The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / Competition red tape may tie major carriers in too many knots for more M&A
The era of large-scale consolidation among the major container carriers is likely at an end, delegates ...
News / Carriers rush to cater for growing Asia-US east coast trade demand
Despite the uncertain long-term outlook for demand following the outbreak of trade war skirmishes between ...
News / Bigger ships and bigger ports an opening for 3PLs to revolutionise supply chains
While the consolidation of liner shipping companies into larger alliances and associated deployment of larger vessels ...
News / Top-heavy growth in container tonnage sparks overcapacity concerns
The number of containerships sold for scrap has slowed dramatically as shipowners in the smaller ...
News / Cheap charter rates give HMM's new panamax service a competitive edge
With Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) about to launch an Asia-North Europe service deploying panamax-size vessels, maritime ...
News / Container shipping demand may dip this year, but market balance still improving
Container shipping demand growth is expected to be lower this year than last. But, in its latest ...
News / More carriers may pressure shipyards to postpone newbuild box ship deliveries
More carriers may join Cosco and Yang Ming in exerting pressure on Asian shipyards to ...
News / Carriers start to defer ULCV deliveries in the face of overcapacity and softer demand
Where contracts allow, ocean carriers are starting to postpone deliveries of new ultra-large container vessels ...
News / Ocean Alliance faces major network shake-up as new ULCVs arrive to 'rock the boat'
The Ocean Alliance is facing a profound network shake-up as its members prepare to welcome ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day