The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / Spectre of overcapacity returns to haunt liner shipping as newbuilds queue up
The spectre of overcapacity is clouding recent analyst optimism that ocean carriers could be heading for ...
News / Some box terminals are facing 'catastrophic economic failure', warns analyst
Major container ports could be facing an investment crisis that will dwarf the problems seen ...
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / Reverse cascading by carriers could benefit owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller container vessels, below 8,000 teu, could begin to benefit from a reversal ...
News / ULCVs will ply the transpacific trade, but the ports are not ready for them
Despite a near doubling of the number of 13,000 teu-or-above vessels deployed on the transpacific ...
News / Maersk Line targets 3% growth as next-generation Triple-Es start to arrive
To coincide with the delivery of the first of a series of eleven 20,568 teu second-generation ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Recommends / Maersk Line quietly adds world’s largest containership to its fleet
Splash 24/7 reports that the first of Maersk’s 11-strong series of second-generation Triple-E vessels has ...
- 1.Analysis: something brewing at Kuehne + Nagel HQ as its stock rises?
- 2.Another mega-containership runs aground, pushing salvors to their limits
- 3.TEU tokens and blockchain may shape the future of container shipping contracts
- 4.APM Terminals and Damco slip into the red after first six months of the year
- 5.New air cargo forwarder agreement finally readies for take-off
- 1. dav on TEU tokens and blockchain may shape the future of container shipping contracts
- 2. Roger Kenyon on UK logistics sector likes Whitehall plan for post-Brexit customs, but wants more detail
- 3. Gunther Ginckels on UK logistics sector likes Whitehall plan for post-Brexit customs, but wants more detail
- 4. Steve Cameron on Another mega-containership runs aground, pushing salvors to their limits
- 5. Sergey Koleda on Convoy, rival to Uber Freight, attracts a further $62m, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos