The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / Customer trust restored, claims HMM chief – now we need to work better together
In his traditional new year message to staff, HMM president and chief executive Chang Keun ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / 2M drops eight port calls, adds six ULCVs and returns to slow-steaming in network revamp
The 2M alliance is to phase in six more ultra large container vessels (ULCVs) into ...
News / Slowing growth and more new ULCVs widen container supply and demand gap
Sluggish growth, combined with the delivery of more ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) in the past ...
News / Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend ...
News / Competition red tape may tie major carriers in too many knots for more M&A
The era of large-scale consolidation among the major container carriers is likely at an end, delegates ...
News / Carriers rush to cater for growing Asia-US east coast trade demand
Despite the uncertain long-term outlook for demand following the outbreak of trade war skirmishes between ...
News / Bigger ships and bigger ports an opening for 3PLs to revolutionise supply chains
While the consolidation of liner shipping companies into larger alliances and associated deployment of larger vessels ...
News / Top-heavy growth in container tonnage sparks overcapacity concerns
The number of containerships sold for scrap has slowed dramatically as shipowners in the smaller ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes