The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / ULCVs will ply the transpacific trade, but the ports are not ready for them
Despite a near doubling of the number of 13,000 teu-or-above vessels deployed on the transpacific ...
News / Maersk Line targets 3% growth as next-generation Triple-Es start to arrive
To coincide with the delivery of the first of a series of eleven 20,568 teu second-generation ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
Recommends / Maersk Line quietly adds world’s largest containership to its fleet
Splash 24/7 reports that the first of Maersk’s 11-strong series of second-generation Triple-E vessels has ...
News / Port and container terminal consolidation can mitigate the impact of ULCVs
Port and terminal consolidation is the “only long-term answer” to mitigate the impact of fewer ...
News / North Europe ports still await final call list from new container shipping alliances
Just 12 weeks before THE Alliance is launched on the Asia-North Europe container shipping trade, the UK ports ...
News / Shipping charter market set to sink lower with more ULCVs due to be delivered
Larger containerships are increasingly being consigned to hot or cold lay-up in harbours around the ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
- 1.Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.More container shipping M&A activity expected as smaller carriers try to keep up
- 4.Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
- 5.South Africa rejects Japanese container line merger proposal
- 1. email@example.com on Markings on a container – what do they mean?
- 2. Andres Pelaez on Container no-show and cancellation fees 'a potential nightmare' for intermediaries
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Collision 'was USS Fitzgerald's fault': and this is why
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
- 5. Hugh Sutherland on New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy