The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / Lack of ULCVs could cost THE Alliance members $500 per teu on Asia-Europe
THE Alliance could find itself on the wrong side of a $500 per teu cost differential ...
News / Insurers grow twitchy as containerships get bigger and cargo more valuable
With CMA CGM reportedly ready to sign a letter-of-intent for nine ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) ...
News / Spectre of overcapacity returns to haunt liner shipping as newbuilds queue up
The spectre of overcapacity is clouding recent analyst optimism that ocean carriers could be heading for ...
News / Some box terminals are facing 'catastrophic economic failure', warns analyst
Major container ports could be facing an investment crisis that will dwarf the problems seen ...
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / Reverse cascading by carriers could benefit owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller container vessels, below 8,000 teu, could begin to benefit from a reversal ...
News / ULCVs will ply the transpacific trade, but the ports are not ready for them
Despite a near doubling of the number of 13,000 teu-or-above vessels deployed on the transpacific ...
News / Maersk Line targets 3% growth as next-generation Triple-Es start to arrive
To coincide with the delivery of the first of a series of eleven 20,568 teu second-generation ...
News / Containership capacity: owners hoping it's the start of improved returns
Idled containership capacity has shrunk by 28% in the past two weeks to 696,000 teu, ...
- 1.Analysis: Kuehne + Nagel on a slow path to value destruction?
- 2.K+N gets back to profit growth, but to hit 2017 targets, it must do better in Q4
- 3.Analysis: is FedEx planning to put its stamp on a vulnerable Royal Mail?
- 4.Gloomy picture painted for container shipping is lightening, says Alphaliner
- 5.More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
- 1. Mark Taylor on UPS to build £120m 'world-class' parcel hub at London Gateway logistics park
- 2. Ameliia Tahiir on Air cargo boom at Budapest Airport as multinational shippers move in
- 3. taparish on Delivery by rocket could change the game for UPS and FedEx
- 4. Jaye on Quit Weining, you're a species bound for extinction
- 5. Jason h on West Africa becomes the new pirate hot spot as ships fight back in Somalia