News / Revitalised Panama Canal now eyes expansion of port and logistics capacity
Following a strong year in terms of growth in vessel transits, the Panama Canal Authority ...
News / Mixed fortunes for OOCL in Q3 as liftings and revenues rise, but so do costs
OOCL increased carryings by 6.9%, year on year, in the third quarter, to 1.7m teu, ...
News / THE and Ocean alliances team up for Mediterranean-US east coast service
THE and the Ocean alliances have confirmed plans to merge a Mediterranean-US east coast service ...
News / Box lines make waves on the transatlantic as they cancel services to cut costs
Soaring fuel costs combined with stagnant or under-pressure freight rates are forcing container shipping lines ...
News / APL extends premium container booking scheme to transatlantic and Asia-Australasia services
CMA CGM-owned APL is extending its priority Eagle GO Guaranteed container booking service to the ...
News / Gateway set to lose Asia-Europe box service as THE Alliance revamps network
London Gateway is to lose one of its much-prized Asia-Europe services next year after THE ...
News / Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
After eight consecutive weeks of declining spot freight rates on the headhaul legs between China ...
News / Impressive transatlantic growth for US imports, but outlook not so bullish
Container exports from North Europe to North America increased 5.7%, year-on-year, in the first five ...
News / Congestion at Shanghai fails to help spot rates out of Asia
Capacity issues at European ports may have boosted spot rates for Europe-Asia sailings but reports ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs