Transhipment Tactics Headlines
News / Less transhipment cargo and uncertainty over new US policy hits HPHT profits
Hutchison Ports Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) recorded a 6% year-over-year drop in throughput for 2016, and ...
News / Jebel Ali hit by less transhipment, but new facilities give DP World a boost
DP World reported a 3.2% upturn in volumes in 2016, handling 63.7m teu, with like-for-like volumes ...
News / Surge in shipping services to Iran won't mean profits and will harm transhipment ports
The inevitable flood of shipping lines calling at Iran will lead to a lack of ...
News / Fears for Hong Kong's status as a major hub port if Chinese ease cabotage rules
Hong Kong’s status as a major container port hub could suffer a severe blow if mainland ...
News / Westports volumes and profits up at Port Klang, but new alliances spark concern
Port Klang terminal operator Westports reported increased profits and volumes in the third quarter, but ...
News / Glimmer of light for Bangladesh's desperate apparel shippers as port plan makes headway
There may be a gleam of light in the tunnel for shippers exhausted by years of ...
News / Port of Mariel eyes new transhipment volumes as US lifts time ban on vessels from Cuba
Prospects of the Cuban port of Mariel capturing US transhipment volumes have significantly improved since the US government ...
News / Overcapacity may hit Caribbean transhipment ports following Panama Canal expansion
The Panama Canal expansion has raised fears that the container terminal industry in Latin America and ...
News / Could terminal partnerships answer the challenge of larger container shipping alliances?
Investment dilemmas and challenges for port and terminal operators have been magnified by the arrival ...
- 1.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 2.Alliance revamp 'a disaster', bringing chaos to Asia-Europe tradelanes
- 3.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 4.Containerships being diverted to avoid congestion at port of Shanghai
- 5.1,700 more redundancies as Japan Post pays the price for costly Toll takeover
- 1. Andy Lane on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 2. email@example.com on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Gavin Murray joins The Loadstar to help develop business
- 4. email@example.com on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 5. Tim on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts