Transpacific Trade Headlines
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
There was a slight uptick in spot rates between Asia and Europe and a marginal decline ...
News / Spot container rates take a dive as eastbound capacity crunch continues
Spot container freight rates between Asia and Europe and Asia and the US ticked down ...
News / US east coast ports winning the battle to bring in Asian exports
The intense battle between US west and east coast ports for Asian imports is being ...
News / Container lines see rate rises stick across most ocean trades
Container lines this week succeeded in imposing rate increases across most routes covered by the ...
News / FMC green light for 2M Alliance co-operation with HMM on transpacific
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has approved the Maersk Line and MSC (2M Alliance) ...
News / Extra capacity will weaken transpacific carrier hands in contract talks
The new alliance set up and the launch of three independent services, combined with a ...
News / Ocean carriers benefit from steady rates as new contracts are signed
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe held steady this week, while the erosion of transpacific ...
News / Asia-Europe shipping rates on the up, but it's too early to talk of a recovery
Long-term contract rates agreed over the past three months between major ports in China and North Europe ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers