News / Transpacific on crest of a peak season wave, but trade war tariff hikes loom
Transpacific-serving ocean carriers are adding sailings from Asia to the US west and east coasts as ...
News / MSC to axe prestigious Eagle service as pressure grows on transpacific rates
The world’s two biggest container lines, Maersk Line and MSC, are closing a number of ...
News / Cascading of bigger box ships brings headaches for vessel planners
Some 30 ships with an average capacity of 11,700 teu will be replaced by larger newbuild ...
News / Spot rates rebound and carriers now need self-discipline before peak season
Container spot rates this week reacted positively to carriers’ 1 May GRIs, gaining more than 30% ...
News / Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
Ocean carrier schedule reliability is heading towards a new two-year low point, opening the way ...
News / Container shipping market looking more buoyant, despite overcapacity
Despite overcapacity fears from a flood of newbuild ultra-large ships, as well as recent container ...
News / Box lines forced to play a weak hand in transpacific contract talks
The timing for ocean carriers to negotiate annual transpacific contracts is “the worst possible”, according to ...
News / Seasonal slump in demand keeps Asia-Europe container spot rates soft
Container spot rates from Asia continued to soften this week, impacted by a slowdown in ...
News / Carriers drop price hike plans as container rates plunge after Chinese holiday
Container spot rates from Asia fell sharply this week as the full impact of China’s ...
News / Flexport spreads its wings in deal with WGA to gain its own air freight capacity
Air freight capacity is very much on the minds of forwarders this year – and Flexport, ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes