News / MSC to axe prestigious Eagle service as pressure grows on transpacific rates
The world’s two biggest container lines, Maersk Line and MSC, are closing a number of ...
News / Cascading of bigger box ships brings headaches for vessel planners
Some 30 ships with an average capacity of 11,700 teu will be replaced by larger newbuild ...
News / Spot rates rebound and carriers now need self-discipline before peak season
Container spot rates this week reacted positively to carriers’ 1 May GRIs, gaining more than 30% ...
News / Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
Ocean carrier schedule reliability is heading towards a new two-year low point, opening the way ...
News / Container shipping market looking more buoyant, despite overcapacity
Despite overcapacity fears from a flood of newbuild ultra-large ships, as well as recent container ...
News / Box lines forced to play a weak hand in transpacific contract talks
The timing for ocean carriers to negotiate annual transpacific contracts is “the worst possible”, according to ...
News / Seasonal slump in demand keeps Asia-Europe container spot rates soft
Container spot rates from Asia continued to soften this week, impacted by a slowdown in ...
News / Carriers drop price hike plans as container rates plunge after Chinese holiday
Container spot rates from Asia fell sharply this week as the full impact of China’s ...
News / Flexport spreads its wings in deal with WGA to gain its own air freight capacity
Air freight capacity is very much on the minds of forwarders this year – and Flexport, ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day