News / 'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
Hamburg Sud’s entry into the mainstream east – west tradelanes in 2015, principally through its ...
News / Liner shipping M&A has 'destroyed $110bn of shareholder value' in 21 years, says report
A new report estimates that over the past 21 years the container industry has “destroyed” ...
News / Q3 surge in volumes sees Hapag-Lloyd sail back into calmer financial waters
Hapag-Lloyd moved into the black in the third quarter with a net profit of $56m, but sees a ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd fleet 'now complete' as latest UASC newbuild ULCV is delivered
Hapag-Lloyd has taken delivery of the last of 17 ULCVs ordered by UASC in 2013 as ...
News / CSAV takes a hit after UASC merger with Hapag-Lloyd
This year’s merger of United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) with Hapag-Lloyd has pushed the German shipping ...
News / S&P takes Hapag-Lloyd off its watch list, but remains concerned
Rating agency Standard & Poor’s has taken Hapag-Lloyd off its ‘CreditWatch’ listing. It has been listed ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / Container lines scramble for new trade routes as Gulf strengthens Qatar 'blockade'
As transport operators serving the Middle East Gulf region scramble to adjust to its rapidly changing ...
Recommends / Hapag-Lloyd to cut more than 1,000 jobs after UASC merger
Some 1,300 jobs are expected to be lost as Hapag-Lloyd completes its merger with UASC, ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV