UK port wars Headlines
People / Nusrat Ghani appointed new UK minister for ports
The UK Department for Transport has confirmed that MP Nusrat Ghani will have responsibility for ...
Recommends / Tilbury 2 port development plans up for public consultation
A public consultation on a planned £100m expansion of Tilbury Port has been called for ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / 10,000 empty Hanjin containers stuck at Felixstowe as congestion returns
The UK’s biggest container port has seen a recent return of landside congestion, leading to ...
News / EU port regulation aimed at boosting state-run ports poses 'significant risks' to UK sector
The proposed EU Ports Services Regulation (PSR) poses significant risks for the UK port industry, it was claimed ...
News / Bad weather hits Felixstowe, so UASC diverts more sailings to London Gateway
Adverse weather at the UK’s biggest container port, Felixstowe, caused more disruption last week, and ...
News / Maersk diverts flagship Triple-E to London Gateway to escape logjam at Felixstowe
Maersk Line has confirmed to UK customers that it will switch its flagship Triple-E, the ...
News / Congestion at Felixstowe pushes Maersk to divert another Asia-Europe call to Gateway
Maersk Line is switching a second Asia-North Europe loop vessel to London Gateway this week ...
News / Congestion at Felixstowe pushes Maersk Lavras to London Gateway, boosting Asia-Europe call hopes
Maersk Line is diverting the UK call of its AE1 service 8,850 teu Maersk Lavras ...
News / Felixstowe’s loss is Gateway’s gain as congestion grips North Europe’s ports
The ill winds of the winter blew in favour of the new UK container port ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making