Urban logistics Headlines
News / Rising van traffic creating new problems of air pollution and road congestion in UK cities
UK cities are facing “considerable” challenges in air quality and congestion as a result of ...
People / London needs a freight commissioner as logistics demand grows, says industry
London mayor Sadiq Khan is facing renewed calls to appoint a freight commissioner for the capital. In ...
News / StreetScooter ramps-up production as demand grows for e-vehicles
Deutsche Post-DHL is ramping up production of its StreetScooter subsidiary as it looks to roll ...
News / REIT on a shopping spree for UK warehouse assets after IPO
Warehouse REIT, a specialist UK urban logistics fund followed last week’s £150m initial public offering in ...
News / Addison Lee driver is a company worker not self-employed, rules court
A UK employment court has ruled against courier firm Addison Lee, deciding one of its drivers ...
News / Addison Lee next 'gig economy' operator on Independent Workers' Union radar
The UK trade union that won an employment case against courier firm CitySprint and forced ...
Recommends / Last-mile deliveries running closer to last-six-to-nine-miles
A report from industrial real estate developer CBRE has highlighted the actual distances of supposed ...
Recommends / Amazon’s vision: delivery drone beehives in every city
Despite there being no obvious answer as to how aerial drones are to be regulated ...
Comment / Pass the parcel: meeting the challenges of e-commerce fulfilment
Online sales soared to new heights last year to £133bn, surpassing 2015’s figure by 13.5%. This, of course, ...
- 1.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 2.Group's cargo airlines may suffer as angry brokers hit back at Volga-Dnepr snub
- 3.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.K+N debuts blockchain solution for containers – 'with more to come'
- 1. Hans-Henrik Hansen on Maersk warns customers they must help pay its bigger fuel bills after 2020
- 2. Alex Lennane on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 3. Willi R. on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 4. Jim on UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 5. Malc on 'Port technology the key to unlocking efficiency and smoother supply chains'