US ports Headlines
News / 'Plan for chaos', with US shippers unprepared for verified gross mass regulations
With just 43 days until the new SOLAS amendment requires export shippers to submit the ...
News / Peace breaks out as new affinity grows between ports and unions on US west coast
Labour relations on the US west coast appear to have entered a new era of ...
Recommends / Outer Harbour Terminal files for bankruptcy
The latest development on the US west coast saw Oakland’s Outer Harbour Terminal, which recently ...
News / Transpacific container shipping rates decline as east vs west coast marketshare battle heats up
The US west coast ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach recovered well in the ...
Recommends / Quiet US ports spark slowdown fears as imports fall
High inventory levels and weak demand are to blame for a fall in imports at ...
News / 'Glorious' first quarter air freight to fade as west coast port operations take off
The huge boost provided to air freight by the US west coast port congestion crisis ...
News / Chassis 'pool of pools' will speed up box moves at ports of LA and Long Beach
Some 95% of the chassis in the Los Angeles-Long Beach port complex are expected to ...
News / West coast port congestion cost container shipping lines $150m in the final quarter
Drewry estimates that transpacific container shipping lines calling at congested US west coast ports in ...
News / US shippers being forced to pay a heavy price to get around west coast congestion
More than just port capacity will have to be made available to shippers if other ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. email@example.com on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion