US ports Headlines
News / 'Plan for chaos', with US shippers unprepared for verified gross mass regulations
With just 43 days until the new SOLAS amendment requires export shippers to submit the ...
News / Peace breaks out as new affinity grows between ports and unions on US west coast
Labour relations on the US west coast appear to have entered a new era of ...
Recommends / Outer Harbour Terminal files for bankruptcy
The latest development on the US west coast saw Oakland’s Outer Harbour Terminal, which recently ...
News / Transpacific container shipping rates decline as east vs west coast marketshare battle heats up
The US west coast ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach recovered well in the ...
Recommends / Quiet US ports spark slowdown fears as imports fall
High inventory levels and weak demand are to blame for a fall in imports at ...
News / 'Glorious' first quarter air freight to fade as west coast port operations take off
The huge boost provided to air freight by the US west coast port congestion crisis ...
News / Chassis 'pool of pools' will speed up box moves at ports of LA and Long Beach
Some 95% of the chassis in the Los Angeles-Long Beach port complex are expected to ...
News / West coast port congestion cost container shipping lines $150m in the final quarter
Drewry estimates that transpacific container shipping lines calling at congested US west coast ports in ...
News / US shippers being forced to pay a heavy price to get around west coast congestion
More than just port capacity will have to be made available to shippers if other ...
News / Call for reforms as US will feel aftershocks of the west coast port congestion all year
The effect of the port congestion on the US west coast in the first quarter ...
- 1.Feeder operators lose out as Maersk cuts costs via exclusive deal with BG Freight
- 2.Hapag-Lloyd shareholder Kuehne dismisses CMA CGM approach for merger
- 3.Market Insight: An opportunity for APMM to entice Hapag-Lloyd to join the family
- 4.Why, amid a shortage of widebody freighters, is the A330 given a wide berth?
- 5.Market insight: Pick-a-merger time for Hapag Lloyd as suitors line up
- 1. Finn on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 2. Kyle Stone on Port of Los Angeles eyes creation of manufacturing hub for new cargo flows
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 4. Were Naphtal on Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- 5. Frank Wang on How we see the future of retail delivery – and what this means for logistics