Verified Gross Mass Headlines
News / SOLAS container weighing rules create $4bn industry – and 'blatant profiteering'
This year’s implementation of the verified gross mass (VGM) amendment to the SOLAS [Safety of ...
News / US technology firm weighs in with timely app to help shippers with VGM
A US technology firm has developed a new app to help shippers and smaller forwarders ...
News / Shippers slam forwarders and carriers 'exploiting' VGM rule to add more fees
Shipper representatives have claimed that some freight forwarders and carriers have looked to use the ...
News / Vietnam's ports brace for chaos as they await clarification on how to apply VGM rule
Vietnam’s shipping community is in a state of confusion over the SOLAS Verified Gross Mass ...
News / Brexit, VGM and carrier bankruptcy fears give Asia-Europe box trades a boost
Fears of currency devaluations after a Brexit vote, supply chain disruption from new container weighing regulations ...
News / Forwarders unveil plans to handle VGM rules for less-than-container load shippers
One of the world’s largest consolidator’s of less-than-container-loads (LCL) has revealed how it will tackle ...
PODCAST: Confused? Find out what the experts say about VGM
Nothing has caused as much debate in liner shipping circles in recent months as the ...
Recommends / Commentary: 'time to pull together on VGM'
The debate on the SOLAS amendment on verified gross mass (VGM) of containers that is ...
Comment / Comment: Bewitched, bothered and bewildered as VGM weighs on our minds
The verified gross mass (VGM) gremlins have been at it again: confusing and obfuscating shippers ...
- 1.A Christmas bonus for carriers as demand for air freight capacity 'goes crazy'
- 2.Forwarders check out alternative air cargo gateways as Frankfurt congestion continues
- 3.Hamburg Süd fleet could be cut as Maersk faces up to takeover conditions
- 4.Maersk Line set to reflag Hamburg Süd containerships away from Germany
- 5.Cosco takes biggest container line title from Maersk after a bumper Q3
- 1. John O'Brien on Shippers hit out at the 'paper chase' of too complex air cargo supply chains
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Blog alert on the ease of cyber attacks on ships was pure scaremongering
- 3. r on Forwarders check out alternative air cargo gateways as Frankfurt congestion continues
- 4. Ryan on DHL the latest to offer air freight online as forwarders fight third-party booking sites
- 5. Nathanielfoengsang@gmail.com on DHL the latest to offer air freight online as forwarders fight third-party booking sites