Verified Gross Mass Headlines
News / SOLAS container weighing rules create $4bn industry – and 'blatant profiteering'
This year’s implementation of the verified gross mass (VGM) amendment to the SOLAS [Safety of ...
News / US technology firm weighs in with timely app to help shippers with VGM
A US technology firm has developed a new app to help shippers and smaller forwarders ...
News / Shippers slam forwarders and carriers 'exploiting' VGM rule to add more fees
Shipper representatives have claimed that some freight forwarders and carriers have looked to use the ...
News / Vietnam's ports brace for chaos as they await clarification on how to apply VGM rule
Vietnam’s shipping community is in a state of confusion over the SOLAS Verified Gross Mass ...
News / Brexit, VGM and carrier bankruptcy fears give Asia-Europe box trades a boost
Fears of currency devaluations after a Brexit vote, supply chain disruption from new container weighing regulations ...
News / Forwarders unveil plans to handle VGM rules for less-than-container load shippers
One of the world’s largest consolidator’s of less-than-container-loads (LCL) has revealed how it will tackle ...
PODCAST: Confused? Find out what the experts say about VGM
Nothing has caused as much debate in liner shipping circles in recent months as the ...
Recommends / Commentary: 'time to pull together on VGM'
The debate on the SOLAS amendment on verified gross mass (VGM) of containers that is ...
Comment / Comment: Bewitched, bothered and bewildered as VGM weighs on our minds
The verified gross mass (VGM) gremlins have been at it again: confusing and obfuscating shippers ...
News / Kuehne + Nagel will use INTTRA for all eVGM submissions
The world’s largest sea freight forwarder, Kuehne + Nagel (KN), has signed a deal to ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 4.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 3. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 4. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. Jordan Blake on Stifel's top 10 'game-changers' in logistics and transport in 2018