Verified Gross Mass Headlines
News / SOLAS container weighing rules create $4bn industry – and 'blatant profiteering'
This year’s implementation of the verified gross mass (VGM) amendment to the SOLAS [Safety of ...
News / US technology firm weighs in with timely app to help shippers with VGM
A US technology firm has developed a new app to help shippers and smaller forwarders ...
News / Shippers slam forwarders and carriers 'exploiting' VGM rule to add more fees
Shipper representatives have claimed that some freight forwarders and carriers have looked to use the ...
News / Vietnam's ports brace for chaos as they await clarification on how to apply VGM rule
Vietnam’s shipping community is in a state of confusion over the SOLAS Verified Gross Mass ...
News / Brexit, VGM and carrier bankruptcy fears give Asia-Europe box trades a boost
Fears of currency devaluations after a Brexit vote, supply chain disruption from new container weighing regulations ...
News / Forwarders unveil plans to handle VGM rules for less-than-container load shippers
One of the world’s largest consolidator’s of less-than-container-loads (LCL) has revealed how it will tackle ...
PODCAST: Confused? Find out what the experts say about VGM
Nothing has caused as much debate in liner shipping circles in recent months as the ...
Recommends / Commentary: 'time to pull together on VGM'
The debate on the SOLAS amendment on verified gross mass (VGM) of containers that is ...
Comment / Comment: Bewitched, bothered and bewildered as VGM weighs on our minds
The verified gross mass (VGM) gremlins have been at it again: confusing and obfuscating shippers ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. stephen webster on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Alex Lennane on Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 4. Malcolm on Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 5. T Carter on Carriers slammed as capacity crunch makes waves for project cargo shippers