Comment / Analysis: Break-up talk of 'sleeping giant' Wincanton may be just market noise
London-based investor Gatemore Capital is calling on Wincanton to sell one of its two core haulage ...
Recommends / Investor Gatemore pushes for break-up of logistics firm Wincanton
Investment firm Gatemore Capital, which spent much of last year engaged in a running war ...
News / New business and success of e-fulfilment service boosts Wincanton half-year results
UK logistics provider and haulier Wincanton today beat analysts’ expectations, reporting a half-year operating profit ...
People / Wincanton appoints IT specialist Richard Gifford as chief information officer
UK haulage and logistics operator Wincanton has appointed Richard Gifford (pictured above) as its chief ...
News / Analysis: Result! New management firmly in the driving seat at Wincanton
Wincanton embarked on a strong upward climb on the stock market today, following an already ...
Comment / Analysis: still on the acquisition trail, should Kerry Logistics be eyeing Clipper and Wincanton?
Hong Kong-based 3PL Kerry Logistics has plenty of dry powder left for further M&A activity, ...
News / Wincanton and DHL lose warehouse contracts as Tesco trims distribution
Tesco is to take back in-house all the warehousing operations managed by Wincanton and DHL ...
News / Argos strike threat fades as Unite and Wincanton agree back-pay deal for drivers
Industrial action by drivers operating out of UK retailer Argos’s national distribution centre in Barton ...
News / Not such a merry Christmas for Argos if drivers' strike goes ahead
UK retailer Argos faces severe disruption to its Christmas deliveries from a 72-hour strike by Wincanton ...
Comment / Analysis: Wincanton chief plays it cool as market conditions start to heat up
Adrian Colman, the chief executive of Wincanton, is a true gentleman. One key takeaway following a ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 3. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 4. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
- 5. Craig Sanders on Shippers and forwarders fear repeat of last year's air freight capacity crisis