World Shipping Council Headlines
News / Container shipping industry calls for five-year extension to block exemption regulation
Container liner industry groups today called for the European Commission to renew the block exemption ...
News / Bugs – could be the biggest issue in container shipping since VGM
The Global Shippers’ Forum (GSF) has warned that the “biggest issue since VGM [container weighing]” ...
People / Tim Wickmann becomes World Shipping Council's MD for Asia
The World Shipping Council (WSC) has appointed former Maersk executive Tim Wickmann as its new managing ...
News / 'Be realistic on compliance' plea from shipping as tough bunker rules loom
Shipping industry heavyweights are urging the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to “progress key issues” at ...
News / Shipping lobbies hit back at claims they don't support emissions reduction
Shipping lobby groups have fought back against claims they are obstructing efforts to fight climate ...
News / Shipping lobby groups slammed for 'blocking global progress' on emissions reduction
The shipping industry was today accused of blocking international efforts to curb pollution and greenhouse ...
News / Fewer containers being lost at sea, says World Shipping Council
The debate about how many containers are lost overboard at sea was reopened today. Liner shipping ...
News / Global Shippers Forum and World Shipping Council clash over liner consolidation
Liner shipping lobbyist the World Shipping Council has rejected claims from the Global Shippers Forum that competition ...
News / CMA CGM presses ahead on LNG ships as WSC calls for new roadmap on emissions
Global shipping representatives have called on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to develop a new roadmap ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 2. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 3. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'
- 5. Ramsgate Resudent on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'