People / Liav Geffen appointed digital chief at shipping line Zim
Israeli container shipping line Zim has appointed Liav Geffen (pictured) to the newly created position ...
News / 'Biggest lines get the best deals' in a depressed containership charter market
The four largest container lines are using their enormous buying power to keep charter rates ...
News / New CEO could push Zim towards a fourth IPO bid to raise new cash
A fourth attempt by Israeli shipping line Zim for an initial public offering (IPO) could be on ...
News / Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
Singapore-based Pacific International Lines (PIL) could be the next container line to appear on the ...
People / New president and CEO Eli Glickman takes the helm at ZIM
Eli Glickman (pictured) has taken the helm of ZIM Integrated Shipping Services as the new president ...
Comment / Analysis: ZIM must plot a course through some choppy financial waters
Last week I compared the business of owning ships to being a bull in a ...
Recommends / What is happening with Alibaba and liner shipping?
SeaIntelligence Consulting’s Lars Jensen has penned a very illuminating column in today’s Splash247, investigating how ...
News / As rates decline, box carriers announce price hikes – but will they hold?
Spot container freight rates on the world’s largest shipping routes continued their downward slide this ...
News / Alibaba extends partnership with KN to cover cross-border B2B shipments
Kuehne + Nagel this morning signed an agreement with the world’s largest e-commerce platform, Alibaba, ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 5.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. email@example.com on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion