People / DHL Supply Chain appoints Oscar de Bok as its Europe chief executive
DHL Supply Chain has appointed Oscar de Bok (pictured) as the new chief executive for ...
Now Germany limits air cargo imports from Bangladesh in further blow to garment exporters
Bangladeshi exporters are reeling from Germany’s decision to restrict direct air cargo imports from the country, while its ...
News / Consolidation 'inevitable' as freight forwarders see challenges grow as market shrinks
Revenues in the global freight forwarding market declined by 1.6% last year, due to continuing ...
News / Hanjin to off-hire 38 chartered ships in bid to reduce outgoings and shore up cashflow
Hanjin Shipping has confirmed to The Loadstar that it intends to off-hire 38 chartered-in vessels ...
Comment / Analysis: FedEx investors balance new European footprint against domestic business risk
On a call with analysts last week, FedEx executives acknowledged they needed a “crystal ball” ...
Recommends / Will Brexit close the doors on Open Skies?
The big Brexit question in aviation is whether the UK will continue to be in ...
Recommends / Nigeria moves to stamp out corruption at its ports
Guess how many government officials’ signatures are needed to clear an individual shipment for imports ...
News / 'Bizarre twist' as HMM changes tack and starts to woo 2M Alliance for membership
The debate on the reasoning behind the potential alliance grouping of the 2M’s Maersk Line ...
News / Container lines looking shipshape as the expanded Panama Canal opens for business
The Panama Canal expansion was formally unveiled at the weekend and has been welcomed by the ...
- 1.Liner exec calls for staff skills drive - "shipping salespeople might as well be Lidl cashiers"
- 2.New technology may point the way freight forwarders can pull back eroding margins
- 3.First big containerships en route to the Panama Canal, leaving workhorse vessels to bow out
- 4.Boost for Hyundai Merchant Marine as starts talks to join 2M alliance
- 5.ANALYSIS: Enormous logistics costs the logic for Amazon to develop shipping services
- 1. Mithun Chandra on 'Bizarre twist' as HMM changes tack and starts to woo 2M Alliance for membership
- 2. Ale Pasetti on Comment: just wondering, would APMM consider a future without a container line?
- 3. Ahmed on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. firminfo on Boost for Hyundai Merchant Marine as starts talks to join 2M alliance
- 5. Chuck F on Pilot shortage threatens regional air cargo links, carrier association warns